We will be arriving from JFK--> MILAN and then plan on taking a flight to Naples to visit south Italy for 5 days. We will take a train from Naples and base our-self for 5 days in Sorrento. Our Itinerary so far:
Day 1- Reach Sorrento by late afternoon- REST
Day 2- Day trip to Capri (Ferry from Sorrento at 9 AM; once is Capri- take a boat trip to Blue Grotto; catch a bus to Anacapri; bus down to Capri Town; lastly funicular back to marina)
Day 3 - Day trip to Amalfi (Positano - Amalfi - Ravello: Take bus from Sorrento to Positano – explore the village and take the boat from the harbor in Positano to Amalfi, explore Amalfi, take the bus from there to Ravello, then bus back to Amalfi from Ravello and either the bus or ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento.)
Day 4- Day trip to Pompeii/Herculaneum - What's the best way to reach Herculaneum from Pompeii?
Day 5 - Train back to Naples & then from there Rome.
Does this all sound reasonable & doable on your own?
Day Trips from Sorrento
- 1 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 2 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 3 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 4 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 5 Ireland in a week
- 6 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 7 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 8 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 9 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 19 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!