We will be arriving from JFK--> MILAN and then plan on taking a flight to Naples to visit south Italy for 5 days. We will take a train from Naples and base our-self for 5 days in Sorrento. Our Itinerary so far:
Day 1- Reach Sorrento by late afternoon- REST
Day 2- Day trip to Capri (Ferry from Sorrento at 9 AM; once is Capri- take a boat trip to Blue Grotto; catch a bus to Anacapri; bus down to Capri Town; lastly funicular back to marina)
Day 3 - Day trip to Amalfi (Positano - Amalfi - Ravello: Take bus from Sorrento to Positano – explore the village and take the boat from the harbor in Positano to Amalfi, explore Amalfi, take the bus from there to Ravello, then bus back to Amalfi from Ravello and either the bus or ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento.)
Day 4- Day trip to Pompeii/Herculaneum - What's the best way to reach Herculaneum from Pompeii?
Day 5 - Train back to Naples & then from there Rome.
Does this all sound reasonable & doable on your own?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 3 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 4 IWM
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 11 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 12 quickest way to Prague
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 16 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 17 Scotland - We're Here!
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 20 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 23 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 24 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 25 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May