We will be arriving from JFK--> MILAN and then plan on taking a flight to Naples to visit south Italy for 5 days. We will take a train from Naples and base our-self for 5 days in Sorrento. Our Itinerary so far:
Day 1- Reach Sorrento by late afternoon- REST
Day 2- Day trip to Capri (Ferry from Sorrento at 9 AM; once is Capri- take a boat trip to Blue Grotto; catch a bus to Anacapri; bus down to Capri Town; lastly funicular back to marina)
Day 3 - Day trip to Amalfi (Positano - Amalfi - Ravello: Take bus from Sorrento to Positano – explore the village and take the boat from the harbor in Positano to Amalfi, explore Amalfi, take the bus from there to Ravello, then bus back to Amalfi from Ravello and either the bus or ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento.)
Day 4- Day trip to Pompeii/Herculaneum - What's the best way to reach Herculaneum from Pompeii?
Day 5 - Train back to Naples & then from there Rome.
Does this all sound reasonable & doable on your own?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Pay attention to your watches !
- 4 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 5 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 8 8 Days in Spain
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 11 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 12 car insurance italy
- 13 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 auto europa or auto europe?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 21 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 24 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris