We will be arriving from JFK--> MILAN and then plan on taking a flight to Naples to visit south Italy for 5 days. We will take a train from Naples and base our-self for 5 days in Sorrento. Our Itinerary so far:
Day 1- Reach Sorrento by late afternoon- REST
Day 2- Day trip to Capri (Ferry from Sorrento at 9 AM; once is Capri- take a boat trip to Blue Grotto; catch a bus to Anacapri; bus down to Capri Town; lastly funicular back to marina)
Day 3 - Day trip to Amalfi (Positano - Amalfi - Ravello: Take bus from Sorrento to Positano – explore the village and take the boat from the harbor in Positano to Amalfi, explore Amalfi, take the bus from there to Ravello, then bus back to Amalfi from Ravello and either the bus or ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento.)
Day 4- Day trip to Pompeii/Herculaneum - What's the best way to reach Herculaneum from Pompeii?
Day 5 - Train back to Naples & then from there Rome.
Does this all sound reasonable & doable on your own?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 2 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 3 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 6 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 9 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 10 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 11 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 12 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 13 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 14 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 15 Italy by car
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 20 T Mobile Does it Again
- 21 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 22 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 23 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 24 Seville Itinerary
- 25 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere