We will be arriving from JFK--> MILAN and then plan on taking a flight to Naples to visit south Italy for 5 days. We will take a train from Naples and base our-self for 5 days in Sorrento. Our Itinerary so far:
Day 1- Reach Sorrento by late afternoon- REST
Day 2- Day trip to Capri (Ferry from Sorrento at 9 AM; once is Capri- take a boat trip to Blue Grotto; catch a bus to Anacapri; bus down to Capri Town; lastly funicular back to marina)
Day 3 - Day trip to Amalfi (Positano - Amalfi - Ravello: Take bus from Sorrento to Positano – explore the village and take the boat from the harbor in Positano to Amalfi, explore Amalfi, take the bus from there to Ravello, then bus back to Amalfi from Ravello and either the bus or ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento.)
Day 4- Day trip to Pompeii/Herculaneum - What's the best way to reach Herculaneum from Pompeii?
Day 5 - Train back to Naples & then from there Rome.
Does this all sound reasonable & doable on your own?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 2 3 days to spend in europe
- 3 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 4 Berlin restaurant recs
- 5 Rail pass question
- 6 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 7 Ravello to Paestum
- 8 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 9 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 10 Renting bed linens and towels
- 11 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 12 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 13 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 14 Amalfi coast
- 15 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 16 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 20 Beaches in Southern France
- 21 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 22 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 23 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 24 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 25 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como