We're in Salzburg in early Oct and am I looking at 2 day trips as per the below and I would like some guidance or feedback on whether they are achievable.
Day Trip 1 - Berchtesgaden/Hitler's Eagle Nest
We have booked a private tour of Hitler's Eagle nest in the morning and will be finished by 1pm.
I'm not sure what we should do after the tour finishes. I have a few ideas:
1. Walk around the town and head back to Salzburg
2. Catch the bus out to Wimbachklamm Waterfalls (I had just planned to do the short visit of approx 1hr before the next bus arrives) and St Sebastian Church for a look and then head back to Berchtesgaden for either a walk around the town or straight back to Salzburg.
Are we too pushed for time to do this option? The last bus departs Berchtesgaden for Salzburg at 6:15pm (although there are trains that leave later).
3. Lake Kongissee cruise and Jennerbahn - I had initially thought to do this but we are hoping to go to the lake district in Austria which is why I thought option 2 may be better on this day trip. And we may also be too pushed for time given the length of the boat cruise.
Day Trip 2 - Wolfgansee Lake + Hallstatt
- Bus Salzburg to St Gilgen
- Boat ride from St Gilgen to St Wolfgang
- Take the cog railway up to Schafberg
- Bus from St Wolfgang to Hallstatt
In Hallstatt we just plan to wander and perhaps go to the salt mines.
- Train back to Salburg
We don't mind long days and just enjoying the scenery.
Is the above achievable or does anyone have any suggestions on how I could plan it better?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임야마토 ● 연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 3 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 8 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 11 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 12 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 15 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 Cordoba Overnight?
- 18 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 19 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 20 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 21 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 22 Dublin Leap Card
- 23 vegetarian in spain
- 24 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 25 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December