We're in Salzburg in early Oct and am I looking at 2 day trips as per the below and I would like some guidance or feedback on whether they are achievable.
Day Trip 1 - Berchtesgaden/Hitler's Eagle Nest
We have booked a private tour of Hitler's Eagle nest in the morning and will be finished by 1pm.
I'm not sure what we should do after the tour finishes. I have a few ideas:
1. Walk around the town and head back to Salzburg
2. Catch the bus out to Wimbachklamm Waterfalls (I had just planned to do the short visit of approx 1hr before the next bus arrives) and St Sebastian Church for a look and then head back to Berchtesgaden for either a walk around the town or straight back to Salzburg.
Are we too pushed for time to do this option? The last bus departs Berchtesgaden for Salzburg at 6:15pm (although there are trains that leave later).
3. Lake Kongissee cruise and Jennerbahn - I had initially thought to do this but we are hoping to go to the lake district in Austria which is why I thought option 2 may be better on this day trip. And we may also be too pushed for time given the length of the boat cruise.
Day Trip 2 - Wolfgansee Lake + Hallstatt
- Bus Salzburg to St Gilgen
- Boat ride from St Gilgen to St Wolfgang
- Take the cog railway up to Schafberg
- Bus from St Wolfgang to Hallstatt
In Hallstatt we just plan to wander and perhaps go to the salt mines.
- Train back to Salburg
We don't mind long days and just enjoying the scenery.
Is the above achievable or does anyone have any suggestions on how I could plan it better?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 2 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 3 Interesting places to visit
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 10 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 11 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years