Our trip to Italy is just around the corner...well close enough early June.
Looking for suggestions for day trips from Lucca via train or other public transport.
We spent a week in Vernazza (loved CT) two years ago and would like to expore other areas
DH and I enjoy hiking, exploring, good food.. not so excited about large cities. We plan to go to Florence for one trip. Any other suggestions for off the beaten path things to do/see?
Thanks in advance for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Biarritz family holiday
- 6 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 7 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 8 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 9 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 13 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 14 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 19 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 20 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 getting to CDG
- 25 Towersey, London