Thinking about going to Portugal this October.
Naturally I have checked out a bunch of books from the library and have started my research.
However, I would like Fodorite's suggestions of day-trips out of Lisbon -- by train.
We like historic places, art, parks and walks. Any special events in October might be of interest as well.
NOTE: This will be our 17th trip to Europe since I retired in 1999...we're pretty experienced with public transport and independent travel in general, and we love to walk...but never to Portugal. Flying out of PHL.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 2 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 3 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 4 London Restaurants
- 5 Corsica
- 6 17 days in England
- 7 VENICE
- 8 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 9 London best location
- 10 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 11 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 12 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 13 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 14 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 15 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 16 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 17 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 18 travel around Spain
- 19 Train up the Jungfrau
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 24 CDG to Marais transfer
- 25 Train from Charles de Gaulle