Thinking about going to Portugal this October.
Naturally I have checked out a bunch of books from the library and have started my research.
However, I would like Fodorite's suggestions of day-trips out of Lisbon -- by train.
We like historic places, art, parks and walks. Any special events in October might be of interest as well.
NOTE: This will be our 17th trip to Europe since I retired in 1999...we're pretty experienced with public transport and independent travel in general, and we love to walk...but never to Portugal. Flying out of PHL.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 3 Cappadocia in June
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 Ibiiza Spain
- 9 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 10 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Help with Ireland Trip
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?