We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 2 London Food Tour
- 3 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 4 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 5 25 days in Europe
- 6 Family trip to France with kids
- 7 London with Kids
- 8 Where to stay in London
- 9 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 10 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 11 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 12 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 13 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 14 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 15 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 16 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 17 10 Days in Switzerland
- 18 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 19 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 20 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 21 A week in spain
- 22 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 24 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 25 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)