We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 2 4-6 weeks
- 3 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 Dresden or Leipzig
- 11 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 12 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 13 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 14 Eiffel tower tickets
- 15 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 16 Help With Vienna
- 17 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Venice Banning Fodors
- 25 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?