We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples and Salerno
- 2 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 3 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 4 Garmisch
- 5 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 6 Base for walking in Ireland.
- 7 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 8 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 9 Floating the Gorge!!!
- 10 Greek Island honeymoon
- 11 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 12 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 13 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 14 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 15 Portugal with children
- 16 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 17 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 18 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 19 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 20 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 21 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 22 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 23 drive how far from GLA first day?
- 24 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 25 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.