We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Weekly Apartment
- 2 Finalizing Itinerary
- 3 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 4 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 5 Papal Audience at the Vatican
- 6 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 7 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 8 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 9 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 10 Another Visit to London
- 11 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 12 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 13 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 14 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 15 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 16 Madrid to Dordogne
- 17 Airbnb scam
- 18 Rental car in Italy
- 19 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 20 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 21 15 nights in Italy
- 22 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 23 Overnight Layover -London
- 24 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 25 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice