We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London with kids
- 2 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 3 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 4 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 5 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 6 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 7 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 8 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 9 where to stay in Malta
- 10 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 11 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 12 River Boat Cruise
- 13 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 14 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 15 Hotel advice
- 16 Public Transport information App/Website
- 17 Tour or independent
- 18 Copenhagen and Stockholm Hotel Recommendations
- 19 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 20 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 21 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 22 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 23 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 25 York Churches