We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 2 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 3 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 4 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 5 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 6 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 7 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 8 My notes on Greece 101
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Best beach town in Italy?
- 13 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 14 Weekend in Norfolk
- 15 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 16 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 17 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 19 A Greek sojourn
- 20 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 21 Halloween in Paris
- 22 Cotswold Churches
- 23 chrismas in rome
- 24 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 25 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary