We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 3 13 nights in switzerland
- 4 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 5 weekend from cologne germany
- 6 Earthquake near Naples
- 7 My final Prague itinerary
- 8 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 9 London Theater
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 12 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 13 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 17 Munich itinerary review
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 20 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 23 3nights in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Europe itinerary questions