We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 4 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 visa appointment experience
- 7 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 8 Hamam Istanbul?
- 9 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 10 First Trip to Europe!
- 11 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 12 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 13 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 14 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 15 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 16 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 17 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 18 Rue des Rosiers
- 19 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 20 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 21 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 22 Brief trip report Naples
- 23 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 24 What to take to Germany
- 25 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris