We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One in Paris ... help
- 2 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 3 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 4 T Mobile Does it Again
- 5 Which order should I travel
- 6 Which order should I travel
- 7 Which order should I travel
- 8 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 9 Train questions for Switzerland
- 10 First timers to Italy
- 11 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 12 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 13 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 14 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 15 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 16 Itinerary Help
- 17 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 18 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 19 Hungary itinerary Help
- 20 Dolomites October 14-18
- 21 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 22 Lyon
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 European Championship
- 25 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France