We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 2 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 3 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 4 Greece Itinerary
- 5 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 6 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 7 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 8 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 9 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 10 evening of song and dance
- 11 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 12 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 13 Scotland Highlands Help
- 14 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 15 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 16 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 17 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 18 Ravenna Mosaics
- 19 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 25 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France