We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French towns in autumn
- 2 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 3 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 4 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 5 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 6 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 7 What area of Venice to stay?
- 8 la spezia vs. levanto
- 9 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 10 Southern Puglia Italy
- 11 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 12 Toulouse Metro & Train Station
- 13 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 14 Travel help laundary
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 17 Puglia and Matera
- 18 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 19 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 20 Brussels Central to Midi?
- 21 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 22 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 23 6 nights in Dublin
- 24 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 25 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?