We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Paris Metro
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 8 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 9 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 10 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 11 A good book!!
- 12 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 13 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 14 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 24 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 25 getting to CDG