We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What type of visa is right for me?
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 3 Munich
- 4 First time in France
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 14 4 days in switzerland
- 15 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 16 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 17 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 18 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 21 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 22 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 23 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 24 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 25 Portugal itinerary help