We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 2 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 3 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 4 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 5 Small-group day tours from London?
- 6 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 7 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 8 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 9 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 10 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 11 a starting itinerary
- 12 England/Scotland in January?
- 13 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 14 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra
- 15 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 16 Budapest main train station status
- 17 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 18 Packing for Croatia (23 days Sept-Oct)
- 19 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 20 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 21 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 22 Back from a great trip !!
- 23 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 24 Blackpool Illuminations - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Sep 4 - Nov 8, 2105
- 25 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?