We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 2 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 3 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 4 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 5 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 10 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 11 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 12 Tuscany Trip
- 13 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 16 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 19 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 20 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 21 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 22 Need help with my itinerary
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents