We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Paris cooking classes
- 7 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 8 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 9 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 10 First time in Bulgaria
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Alps Drive
- 13 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 14 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 15 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Praiano
- 18 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Help please
- 21 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 8ish days Zurich to Como...