We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 2 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 3 WiFi on trains
- 4 A guide to Madrid
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 8 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 9 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 10 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 11 Amsterday > Bruges
- 12 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 13 Renting an apt.
- 14 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 15 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 16 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 17 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 18 ¡QUE VIVA VALENCIA! Wandering and Eating amidst the Orange Blossoms
- 19 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 20 Great restaurants in Italy
- 21 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 22 Help me with this trip
- 23 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 24 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 25 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?