We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm in a funk
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 4 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 5 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 6 Fun, free language website
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 9 Bike touring in France
- 10 Does this sound feasible?
- 11 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 12 Tour Group Operators
- 13 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 14 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 15 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 16 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 17 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 18 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 19 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 20 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 23 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 24 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 25 BMW European Delivery program