We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 2 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 3 Florence-Uffizi and Accademia guided tour
- 4 Need advice on Mt. Rigi hike from Lucerne
- 5 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 6 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 7 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 8 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 9 Relaxing destinations?
- 10 Tips question
- 11 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 12 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 13 Advice about Naples?
- 14 tipping
- 15 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 16 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 17 Sorrento or Positano
- 18 How many nights in Lucerne, how many in Lauterbrunnen?
- 19 US to Toulouse, connecting through Gatwick - how much connection time?
- 20 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 21 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 22 An afternoon in Geiranger
- 23 What clothes?
- 24 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 25 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help