We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 5 Frankfurt to UK
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 10 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 Iceland
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 25 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct