We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 2 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 6 Hey Fodor's
- 7 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 8 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 9 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 10 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 11 Gift for French business associate
- 12 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 13 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 14 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 17 Dresden- tea towel
- 18 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 19 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 20 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 21 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 22 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 25 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport