We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 4 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 5 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 6 Nice Video about Poland
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 Lavender Fields
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 13 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 14 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 15 Munich
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 18 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 23 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 24 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid