We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Acropolis Athens
- 6 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 7 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 8 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 11 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 12 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 13 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 14 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 15 We're here!
- 16 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 17 Trip Ideas
- 18 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 22 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 23 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 24 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 25 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?