We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to make this adventure work?
- 2 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 3 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 4 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 5 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 6 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 7 where to stay in Germany
- 8 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 9 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 10 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 11 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 12 Majorca - where to stay?
- 13 Basel - Day Trip
- 14 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 15 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 16 Spending money in Italy?
- 17 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 18 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 19 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 20 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 21 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 22 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 23 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 24 I went to Paris in June
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe