We will be in Brussels for one week in mid June for a business conference. We have two free days before the conference and are interested in doing day trips those days. We have been to Brussels and Brugges several times before, so are looking for something different. We will have a car and will return to Brussel for the night.
We are two adults, interested in castles, windmills, gardens, mountains, rugged coastline (not beaches for swimming), outdoor scenery, shopping. We are especially interested in photography.
We are considering Kinderdijk in the Netherlands to see the windmills or Maastricht. We like small villages and do not care for big cities. Also thinking about somewhere in northern France or Germany that is in driving distance for one day.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Day Trips from Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 2 Turkey - Live report
- 3 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 4 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 5 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 6 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 Wish me luck please
- 10 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 11 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 12 Paris: Best Bistros
- 13 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 14 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 15 Athens and which islands?
- 16 TGV and Intercités Sales Open April 2 forTravel Through August 30
- 17 Eleanor's Pages
- 18 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 19 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 20 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 21 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 22 Help with Lucerne in April
- 23 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 24 Car rental at Athens airport
- 25 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!