My husband and I just moved to Aberdeen, Scotland from Houston, TX. We have been busy getting settled and working in our new jobs, that our first three months have flown by! My parents are coming for a visit at the end of April and entertaining them for a week has proven to lead to some difficult choices!
Thus far, I have planned a day to do distillery tours (Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Strathisla), we are going to take the train to Edinburgh for a day, a day to do some castle tours and then most of the time we'll be hanging around the Aberdeen area.
I am in need of one more "day trip" or activity that is drive-able or a train trip from Aberdeen. My parents have already said that they would rather just stay at our house vs. staying in a hotel any of the nights. Also, any restaurant recommendations in the highlands or along the coast that showcase the area's wonderful food would be great. My parents enjoy seafood, good beef, whiskey, pretty vistas etc. They are older now, so the long walks that my husband and I have been enjoying probably are the best idea for them.
Any advice you could provide would be great! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h Care 24x7
- 2 YAHOO@ Password Reset☎ CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 Tec*h SUPP0RT
- 3 Hotels in Turin
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 3 days solo in London
- 7 Chania
- 8 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 9 Now to Madrid
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 12 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 13 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 14 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 15 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 16 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 17 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 18 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 19 Sicily: which coast?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Edinbrugh