My husband and I just moved to Aberdeen, Scotland from Houston, TX. We have been busy getting settled and working in our new jobs, that our first three months have flown by! My parents are coming for a visit at the end of April and entertaining them for a week has proven to lead to some difficult choices!
Thus far, I have planned a day to do distillery tours (Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Strathisla), we are going to take the train to Edinburgh for a day, a day to do some castle tours and then most of the time we'll be hanging around the Aberdeen area.
I am in need of one more "day trip" or activity that is drive-able or a train trip from Aberdeen. My parents have already said that they would rather just stay at our house vs. staying in a hotel any of the nights. Also, any restaurant recommendations in the highlands or along the coast that showcase the area's wonderful food would be great. My parents enjoy seafood, good beef, whiskey, pretty vistas etc. They are older now, so the long walks that my husband and I have been enjoying probably are the best idea for them.
Any advice you could provide would be great! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 car for four adults and four bikes
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 21 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 22 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions