My husband and I just moved to Aberdeen, Scotland from Houston, TX. We have been busy getting settled and working in our new jobs, that our first three months have flown by! My parents are coming for a visit at the end of April and entertaining them for a week has proven to lead to some difficult choices!
Thus far, I have planned a day to do distillery tours (Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Strathisla), we are going to take the train to Edinburgh for a day, a day to do some castle tours and then most of the time we'll be hanging around the Aberdeen area.
I am in need of one more "day trip" or activity that is drive-able or a train trip from Aberdeen. My parents have already said that they would rather just stay at our house vs. staying in a hotel any of the nights. Also, any restaurant recommendations in the highlands or along the coast that showcase the area's wonderful food would be great. My parents enjoy seafood, good beef, whiskey, pretty vistas etc. They are older now, so the long walks that my husband and I have been enjoying probably are the best idea for them.
Any advice you could provide would be great! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 5 Frankfurt to UK
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 10 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 Iceland
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 25 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct