My husband and I just moved to Aberdeen, Scotland from Houston, TX. We have been busy getting settled and working in our new jobs, that our first three months have flown by! My parents are coming for a visit at the end of April and entertaining them for a week has proven to lead to some difficult choices!
Thus far, I have planned a day to do distillery tours (Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Strathisla), we are going to take the train to Edinburgh for a day, a day to do some castle tours and then most of the time we'll be hanging around the Aberdeen area.
I am in need of one more "day trip" or activity that is drive-able or a train trip from Aberdeen. My parents have already said that they would rather just stay at our house vs. staying in a hotel any of the nights. Also, any restaurant recommendations in the highlands or along the coast that showcase the area's wonderful food would be great. My parents enjoy seafood, good beef, whiskey, pretty vistas etc. They are older now, so the long walks that my husband and I have been enjoying probably are the best idea for them.
Any advice you could provide would be great! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 2 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 3 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 6 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?