I will be in a town near Lausanne for a few days while my husband is on a work trip. I was planning on traveling during the week to Zurich to visit an old friend. My initial thought was to get a train pass and take the train to Zurich, getting on and off at interesting stops - spend the night and next morning with my friend in Zurich, and then take the train back - again, getting on and off along the way. It will be early September, so hopefully good weather. I will be traveling alone, so looking for activities and sights that will be fun for someone traveling solo. This is my first time in Switzerland, but will very likely be back again, so really looking at seeing a few places and breaking up the few hour train trip - I know I am not going to see everything or get an in depth view of the country. I enjoy walking around and seeing sights, more of an outdoor person than an indoor museum type - but if there is a must see museum would check it out. I was intrigued by some of the old towns with historic buildings and cute little streets. I would enjoy walking through a market or two, but not going there to shop. I am still looking into the train pass, but it seems like the four day consecutive pass will allow me to spend one day taking a day trip around Lake Geneva, the next two days doing my round trip to Zurich and the fourth day going to Geneva to the airport. I plan on using the first few days we are there to stay 'local' and walk around the area we are staying. Thanks in advance for any advice. cdc
Day trips between Lausanne and Zurich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 2 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 3 Scotland
- 4 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 5 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 6 Train des Pignes
- 7 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 8 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 9 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 10 Pousadas
- 11 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 12 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 13 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 14 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 15 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 16 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 17 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 18 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 19 Change in Travel
- 20 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 21 ireland
- 22 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 23 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 24 Some Ireland enjoyment tips
- 25 France and Spain in 14 days?