Some dear friends are going to Italy in March - staying at an agritourismo in Radda in Chianti. I told them I would help dig up information on day trips and am hoping you all can help me.
They will have 7 full days (not counting travel there and back) and are renting a car. They are both 50, in excellent shape, love wine, photography, seeing historical/architectually interesting sites, walking, hiking, bike riding.
We went to Italy a few years ago, but unfortunately ran out of time and did not make it to this area. I thought I had gotten a "Cypress Trees road" driving itinerary off of this site that included the Abbe Sant'Antimo, but now cannot find it.
If I did indeed get that here, can someone point me in the right direction to find it again? Also, we have a map of the area, but I know it takes much longer than it would appear to drive places in Italy. Is going to San Gimignano, Montepulciano, etc too far?
What are some other towns/places that you would suggest they go? A place they can go wine tasting?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary