Some dear friends are going to Italy in March - staying at an agritourismo in Radda in Chianti. I told them I would help dig up information on day trips and am hoping you all can help me.
They will have 7 full days (not counting travel there and back) and are renting a car. They are both 50, in excellent shape, love wine, photography, seeing historical/architectually interesting sites, walking, hiking, bike riding.
We went to Italy a few years ago, but unfortunately ran out of time and did not make it to this area. I thought I had gotten a "Cypress Trees road" driving itinerary off of this site that included the Abbe Sant'Antimo, but now cannot find it.
If I did indeed get that here, can someone point me in the right direction to find it again? Also, we have a map of the area, but I know it takes much longer than it would appear to drive places in Italy. Is going to San Gimignano, Montepulciano, etc too far?
What are some other towns/places that you would suggest they go? A place they can go wine tasting?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 Traveling in Belgium
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 15 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 16 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 23 Train travel to and from Paris
- 24 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?