Some dear friends are going to Italy in March - staying at an agritourismo in Radda in Chianti. I told them I would help dig up information on day trips and am hoping you all can help me.
They will have 7 full days (not counting travel there and back) and are renting a car. They are both 50, in excellent shape, love wine, photography, seeing historical/architectually interesting sites, walking, hiking, bike riding.
We went to Italy a few years ago, but unfortunately ran out of time and did not make it to this area. I thought I had gotten a "Cypress Trees road" driving itinerary off of this site that included the Abbe Sant'Antimo, but now cannot find it.
If I did indeed get that here, can someone point me in the right direction to find it again? Also, we have a map of the area, but I know it takes much longer than it would appear to drive places in Italy. Is going to San Gimignano, Montepulciano, etc too far?
What are some other towns/places that you would suggest they go? A place they can go wine tasting?
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 2 ATM
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 5 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 6 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 London Hotel - Different Request
- 9 Portugal rental car
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 Iceland trip report!
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 14 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 15 3 nights in Madrid
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 alcazar question and seville advice
- 18 Bernese Oberland
- 19 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 20 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 21 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 24 Threat Level in UK
- 25 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome