I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como transportation questions
- 2 By train to and out of Prague
- 3 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 6 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 7 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 8 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 9 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 10 Cylades Island Hopping
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Normandy and Loire
- 15 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 16 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 17 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 18 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 19 Northern Europe in April-May
- 20 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 21 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 22 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 23 history museums or locations
- 24 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 25 Granada