I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 6 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 7 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 8 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 9 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 12 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 13 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 14 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 15 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 16 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 17 Cost of Van from CDG
- 18 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 19 German Train travel
- 20 Barcelona on budget
- 21 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 22 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 23 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 24 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 25 Plug ins for London and Paris
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!