I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 3 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 English Countryside
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 12 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 13 Driving in Italy?
- 14 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 15 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 20 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 21 Granada to Madrid
- 22 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 23 Tour groups
- 24 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 25 If you had to choose one......
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!