I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Brno train station
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 Paris day trips August
- 4 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 5 Where to enjoy Paris
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Athens
- 8 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 9 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 10 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 13 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 19 We're here!
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 22 Moving to Italy
- 23 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 24 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 25 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!