I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 5 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 6 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 7 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 8 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 9 Europe Sim card help
- 10 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 13 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 14 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 15 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 16 Abruzzo region
- 17 cell phone companys
- 18 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 21 Guides - Matera
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 25 French lavender and cottages
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!