I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 4 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 6 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 7 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 8 A few more questions about Brittany
- 9 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 12 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 13 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 14 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 15 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 16 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 19 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 20 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 21 4 days each in London and Paris
- 22 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 23 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 24 Switzerland in September
- 25 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!