I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 3 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 4 SIM card
- 5 Sixt insurance claim
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 8 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 9 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 10 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 11 Europe itinerary
- 12 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 13 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 14 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Scotland in October
- 17 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 18 Munich-6 days in September
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 21 Enjoying England for a year!
- 22 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 23 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 25 Istanbul - Would you go there?
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!