I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!
- 1 Travel by train or bus
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 6 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 first european holiday itinery
- 10 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 11 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 16 Cyprus in December
- 17 Cyprus photo gallery
- 18 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Which travel plan?
- 21 Florence in October
- 22 Family European winter holiday
- 23 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 24 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia