I just took a great day trip from London to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a great day out, and while the trip was long (12 hours!) it was nice to see so much in one day.
The highlight was seeing the Great Hall at Christ Church in Oxford. It is where some of the scenes from the Harry Potter movies were filmed, and was the inspiration for Hogwarts.
I wrote about the trip on my blog if you want to read more and see photos and a video: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2011/10/day-trip-cotswolds-warwick-castle-stratford-upon-avon-oxford.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vet my itinerary
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 4 Paris - Rome
- 5 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 6 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 7 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 8 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 9 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 10 Antiques shopping Rome
- 11 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 12 8 days in switzerland
- 13 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 14 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 15 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 16 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 17 12 Days in Italy
- 18 Health insurance coverage
- 19 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 20 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 21 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 22 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 23 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 24 Family vacay in Europe
- 25 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
Day trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford, Warwick Castle, and Stratford!