I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 4 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 7 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 8 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 Road trip Italy
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 13 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 16 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 17 Hilton CPH no loner
- 18 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Scotland Trip Report
- 21 French Wedding
- 22 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 23 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence