I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 5 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 6 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 7 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 10 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 11 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 15 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 16 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 22 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 A week in the Occitanie
- 25 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence