I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 Dublin Leap Card
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Piedmont as a destination
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Garda Land
- 17 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 20 2 weeks Europe trip
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 23 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?
Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence