I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kaspersky Invalid Activation Code – UK helpline
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 3nights in Venice
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 multi city flights to europe
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Earthquake near Naples
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 13 nights in switzerland
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 16 Football Tickets - Athens
- 17 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 18 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 19 Salzburg itinerary review
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Paris in November
Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence