I will be staying in Florence for 4 nights in the month of May. I plan to sightsee Florence on 2 days and take a day trip to Lucca and Pisa on the 3rd day. On my 4th day I wish to visit Siena and some picturesque countryside which is often associated with Tuscany. Also in the afternoon I would like to do some Wine Tasting at a decent vineyard. I have heard Chianti is the place for wine and is between Florence and Siena. However, I would need to do this using Public transport. Please let me know if this can and should be done using Public transport or should I consider spending more to rent a car with a guide or a guided tour. I do not have any knowledge of any Tuscan town which could be combined with Siena for the above, so I am open to all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 6 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 7 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 8 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 13 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 14 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 15 Hotels in Turin
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 18 Best layover option
- 19 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 20 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Prem fares (again)
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence