Our trip to Italy rapidly approacheth. Part of our visit will be back to Lake Como for 5 nights.
Odds are we will take part of one day to explore the reaches up above Menaggio and over to Lake Lugano.
I know there is a funicular and a lakeside promenade (and that would be right in Lugano itself, correct?). In addition to visiting Lugano we would like to just enjoy the scenery by driving around the mountains above Lake Como.
Any last minute tips of must-do things to see, do or eat?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 So much to do, so little time!
- 6 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Baby Milk
- 9 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 17 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 18 Super Cover For Hertz
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Hotel in Vienna
Day trip to Lugano from Lake Como (and poking around the mountain roads)