Our trip to Italy rapidly approacheth. Part of our visit will be back to Lake Como for 5 nights.
Odds are we will take part of one day to explore the reaches up above Menaggio and over to Lake Lugano.
I know there is a funicular and a lakeside promenade (and that would be right in Lugano itself, correct?). In addition to visiting Lugano we would like to just enjoy the scenery by driving around the mountains above Lake Como.
Any last minute tips of must-do things to see, do or eat?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visas
- 2 How the kids age calculated
- 3 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 4 Beaune France
- 5 Scotland Trip Report
- 6 Madrid airport question
- 7 Kayaking in Avignon
- 8 Sintra
- 9 Murren to Prague
- 10 What tips can you give about packing?
- 11 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Aix Provence
- 16 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 17 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 22 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 23 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?
Day trip to Lugano from Lake Como (and poking around the mountain roads)