Our trip to Italy rapidly approacheth. Part of our visit will be back to Lake Como for 5 nights.
Odds are we will take part of one day to explore the reaches up above Menaggio and over to Lake Lugano.
I know there is a funicular and a lakeside promenade (and that would be right in Lugano itself, correct?). In addition to visiting Lugano we would like to just enjoy the scenery by driving around the mountains above Lake Como.
Any last minute tips of must-do things to see, do or eat?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 2 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Day trips from Florence
- 6 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 7 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 Perugia
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Paris in September
- 15 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
Day trip to Lugano from Lake Como (and poking around the mountain roads)