My husband and I are traveling to Paris from Oct 30 to Nov 11. This is later in the fall than we prefer but hopefully we won't run into too much rain- we don' t mind the cold. I'd like to do a day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris- most people say how you should really spend the night etc etc but we're really not interested. The trains run at great times and we could spend 10 to 12 hours in either city. My question is- our main motivation for traveling to the area is to visit some vineyards and enjoy some wine tastings. I'm reluctant to book a tour as all of them seem to only visit 1 or 2 vineyards plus, we really prefer to do things on our own if at all possible. The week before we will be going on a day trip to Reims and I know its doable to see a few champagne houses on foot- this is what we are planning on doing. Would either Dijon or Beaune lend itself to us winging it? Could we show up and hire a guide for the day on our own? Or can we walk to a few winderies? Is their public transit that might take you to several wineries? I know with places like Napa and the Niagara region there are often little trollies--- this is a little tacky but I just have no clue- perhaps there is something like this in either Beaune or Dijon. What should I do!? Thanks in advance for advice.
Day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Express
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 5 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 6 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 7 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 11 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Three ferries to Mull
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 20 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 23 Story of the German Christmas star
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??