My husband and I are traveling to Paris from Oct 30 to Nov 11. This is later in the fall than we prefer but hopefully we won't run into too much rain- we don' t mind the cold. I'd like to do a day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris- most people say how you should really spend the night etc etc but we're really not interested. The trains run at great times and we could spend 10 to 12 hours in either city. My question is- our main motivation for traveling to the area is to visit some vineyards and enjoy some wine tastings. I'm reluctant to book a tour as all of them seem to only visit 1 or 2 vineyards plus, we really prefer to do things on our own if at all possible. The week before we will be going on a day trip to Reims and I know its doable to see a few champagne houses on foot- this is what we are planning on doing. Would either Dijon or Beaune lend itself to us winging it? Could we show up and hire a guide for the day on our own? Or can we walk to a few winderies? Is their public transit that might take you to several wineries? I know with places like Napa and the Niagara region there are often little trollies--- this is a little tacky but I just have no clue- perhaps there is something like this in either Beaune or Dijon. What should I do!? Thanks in advance for advice.
Day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 3 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 4 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Help With Vienna
- 7 Nice or Marseille??
- 8 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 14 France, Italy and Greec
- 15 gites de france or agritourism
- 16 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 19 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 23 Dresden or Leipzig
- 24 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 25 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger