My husband and I are traveling to Paris from Oct 30 to Nov 11. This is later in the fall than we prefer but hopefully we won't run into too much rain- we don' t mind the cold. I'd like to do a day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris- most people say how you should really spend the night etc etc but we're really not interested. The trains run at great times and we could spend 10 to 12 hours in either city. My question is- our main motivation for traveling to the area is to visit some vineyards and enjoy some wine tastings. I'm reluctant to book a tour as all of them seem to only visit 1 or 2 vineyards plus, we really prefer to do things on our own if at all possible. The week before we will be going on a day trip to Reims and I know its doable to see a few champagne houses on foot- this is what we are planning on doing. Would either Dijon or Beaune lend itself to us winging it? Could we show up and hire a guide for the day on our own? Or can we walk to a few winderies? Is their public transit that might take you to several wineries? I know with places like Napa and the Niagara region there are often little trollies--- this is a little tacky but I just have no clue- perhaps there is something like this in either Beaune or Dijon. What should I do!? Thanks in advance for advice.
Day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Questions
- 2 Changes in travel technology?
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Dublin Hostels
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 14 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Traveling to Munich
- 23 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 24 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 25 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days