My husband and I are traveling to Paris from Oct 30 to Nov 11. This is later in the fall than we prefer but hopefully we won't run into too much rain- we don' t mind the cold. I'd like to do a day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris- most people say how you should really spend the night etc etc but we're really not interested. The trains run at great times and we could spend 10 to 12 hours in either city. My question is- our main motivation for traveling to the area is to visit some vineyards and enjoy some wine tastings. I'm reluctant to book a tour as all of them seem to only visit 1 or 2 vineyards plus, we really prefer to do things on our own if at all possible. The week before we will be going on a day trip to Reims and I know its doable to see a few champagne houses on foot- this is what we are planning on doing. Would either Dijon or Beaune lend itself to us winging it? Could we show up and hire a guide for the day on our own? Or can we walk to a few winderies? Is their public transit that might take you to several wineries? I know with places like Napa and the Niagara region there are often little trollies--- this is a little tacky but I just have no clue- perhaps there is something like this in either Beaune or Dijon. What should I do!? Thanks in advance for advice.
Day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 6 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 7 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 8 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 9 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 10 Christmas in salzburg
- 11 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 12 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 13 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 14 Italy through locals eyes
- 15 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 16 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 17 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 18 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 19 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 20 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 21 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 22 Advice please...
- 23 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Paris in black and white