My husband and I are traveling to Paris from Oct 30 to Nov 11. This is later in the fall than we prefer but hopefully we won't run into too much rain- we don' t mind the cold. I'd like to do a day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris- most people say how you should really spend the night etc etc but we're really not interested. The trains run at great times and we could spend 10 to 12 hours in either city. My question is- our main motivation for traveling to the area is to visit some vineyards and enjoy some wine tastings. I'm reluctant to book a tour as all of them seem to only visit 1 or 2 vineyards plus, we really prefer to do things on our own if at all possible. The week before we will be going on a day trip to Reims and I know its doable to see a few champagne houses on foot- this is what we are planning on doing. Would either Dijon or Beaune lend itself to us winging it? Could we show up and hire a guide for the day on our own? Or can we walk to a few winderies? Is their public transit that might take you to several wineries? I know with places like Napa and the Niagara region there are often little trollies--- this is a little tacky but I just have no clue- perhaps there is something like this in either Beaune or Dijon. What should I do!? Thanks in advance for advice.
Day trip to Dijon or Beaune from Paris
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 Planning a holiday
- 4 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 5 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Gogartys, Dublin
- 9 Prague - must see
- 10 Sicily 10 days
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 14 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Portugal in September
- 17 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 18 Europe with young teens
- 19 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 20 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia