I'm visiting my daughter in London over Christmas and we're taking a day trip to Bristol. Being a money conscious student, she's suggested taking a bus. I wonder if a train would be more scenic. I'll only be there 10 days so I want to enjoy (read: ahhh) as much as I can.
Any thoughts on train vs. bus?
And if you'd like to chime in with any ideas about London during Christmas or a day in Bristol, please feel free!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 5 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 6 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 7 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 10 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 11 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 15 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 16 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 22 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 A week in the Occitanie
- 25 Question about Loire Valley châteaux