I will be in London on part of my trip to Europe this summer. I would like to take a day to get out of the city and see some the English countryside before traveling northwards to Carlisle and Scotland. I have been searching the topic of solo day trips from London and I mostly get big tours through Viator. I am not sure I want to spend a day on a big bus although I am interested in some of the sights they go to. This leads me to my question. Can anyone suggest a possible day trip where I could possibly take in some history and see the countryside by bike or by foot? I expect I would arrive at my start destination by rail. I did find one article about hiking in Hastings. That seemed pretty neat. If I were to do that walk, is there a train to Hastings? Also, is it possible to get to Bodiam Castle from Hastings? The tour I imagine includes the countryside, a village, some water (a canal?), and maybe a castle. Is this fantasy? I do know that London Walks has a tour to the Cotswalds, but I think I am little more adventurous than what that tour offers. Thoughts? I will check back this weekend. Thanks...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 7 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 8 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 9 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 10 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 13 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 18 Towersey, London
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 21 Westerplatte
- 22 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 23 Cutback on Spain trip
- 24 Bernina Express mid-March
- 25 Malaga - places to stay and eat