We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 2 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 5 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Towns around Lucca
- 8 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 9 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 10 Airline to Rome
- 11 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 12 Georgia in 4 days
- 13 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Dublin Luggage storage
- 16 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest