We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini
- 2 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 3 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 4 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 5 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 6 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 7 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 8 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 11 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 12 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 13 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 14 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 15 Amsterdam in August
- 16 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 17 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 18 Seville Itinerary
- 19 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 20 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 21 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 22 First timers to Italy
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 Spello v. Spoleto as base for Umbria
- 25 Heraklion, Crete, Greece