We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Courses in Mexico City!
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 6 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 7 best clothing for european winter?
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 12 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 13 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 14 Holiday in Austria
- 15 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 18 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 21 Retiring to Southern France
- 22 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 25 Train from Interlaken to Venice