We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 2 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 3 YIKES!
- 4 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 5 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 6 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 7 Final Four
- 8 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 9 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 10 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 11 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 12 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 13 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 14 Cash machines ATM
- 15 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 16 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 19 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 25 Itinerary help