We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports, Driver's License, ID Cards, Visas
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 4 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 5 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 6 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 7 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 10 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 11 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 12 Appenzell in December?
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Iceland in January/February
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?