We are in Rekjavik in late June for just 2 nights as part of a cruise which continues to Akureyri for one more night.
Rather than take the cruise- organized coach tour we are considering renting a van (7 of us) and self drive one day.
Can you recommend an itinerary that would allow us to see "must see sights "? Of course we want to avoid the crowds as well. We are not sure about the roads- will have a van, not off road jeeps. How far can we go and return comfortably in a day ? What time will it get dark end of June ?
Among other things would want to see a waterfall- Gullfoss ? Geyser-Strokkur ? And volcano ? We are OK with not seeing the Blue Lagoon.
I'd appreciate any suggestion you might have about a half day itinerary in Akureyri as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 4 Vienna or Budapest?
- 5 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 6 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 7 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Italy/Greece with kids
- 10 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 13 10 day Greek Island trip
- 14 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 15 Portugal itinerary help
- 16 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 17 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 18 Lisbon NYE
- 19 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 20 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 21 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Need help in travel planning
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 Puglia or La Langhe