I am visiting Vienna in early March for a meeting, I will spent 5 full days (2 days for work and 3 days for Vienna ), Afterwards I was planning to spend another 4 nights/ 3days in Prague but due to unfortunate circumstances I have to come back earlier and had to cancel the Prague part. Now I am very disappointed, I always wanted to visit Prague !!!
Anyway, a friend of mine had done a day trip to Prague from Vienna and recommended that for me but it takes 4 hours at least each way, It will be a long trip with little time to enjoy Prague.
I also consider Budapest and Britislava as they are nearer but Budapest is much spread out than Prague and it's PRague that I wanted to visit in the first place. Britislava is the most convenient as a day trip but not much to see and I will also miss Prague.
Salzburg seems to be a good option, nearly the same travel time as Budapest, has the charme and small in size for a day trip.
Now I have 2 full days for Vienna, 2 work days and 1 day for day trip or add it to Vienna.
I appreciate your suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 2 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 3 Cartagena Spain
- 4 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 5 Malaga Spain
- 6 Ibiiza Spain
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 10 Seville to Cordoba
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 14 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 19 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 20 ATM
- 21 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 22 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 23 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 24 London 6 day itinerary
- 25 London Hotel - Different Request
Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)