I am visiting Vienna in early March for a meeting, I will spent 5 full days (2 days for work and 3 days for Vienna ), Afterwards I was planning to spend another 4 nights/ 3days in Prague but due to unfortunate circumstances I have to come back earlier and had to cancel the Prague part. Now I am very disappointed, I always wanted to visit Prague !!!
Anyway, a friend of mine had done a day trip to Prague from Vienna and recommended that for me but it takes 4 hours at least each way, It will be a long trip with little time to enjoy Prague.
I also consider Budapest and Britislava as they are nearer but Budapest is much spread out than Prague and it's PRague that I wanted to visit in the first place. Britislava is the most convenient as a day trip but not much to see and I will also miss Prague.
Salzburg seems to be a good option, nearly the same travel time as Budapest, has the charme and small in size for a day trip.
Now I have 2 full days for Vienna, 2 work days and 1 day for day trip or add it to Vienna.
I appreciate your suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 Sicily help
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 "Too Much Cows"
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 Rome -- The next time around
- 20 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 21 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 22 Rome to Venice
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)