We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 2 Madrid and London
- 3 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 4 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 5 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 6 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 7 7 Nights in Paris
- 8 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 9 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 10 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 11 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 12 3 weeks in Europe
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 15 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 16 London - Site List Triage -
- 17 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 18 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 19 Cell phones in Ireland
- 20 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 23 Priceline for London hotels
- 24 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 25 Ireland itinerary