We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 2 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 3 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 4 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 Fashion for larger man?
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 13 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 16 Traveling in France by train
- 17 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 18 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 19 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 22 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 23 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 24 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 25 Traveling to Eastern Europe