We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 2 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 5 Spain tips beyond safety
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 8 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 9 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 10 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 17 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Prague flea markets
- 23 Tipping in Greece
- 24 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 25 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia