We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 3 Scottish Passport
- 4 Italy tours
- 5 Viator.com in Turkey
- 6 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 7 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 8 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 9 Two Days in Prague
- 10 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 11 Air France strike
- 12 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 13 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 14 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 15 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 16 Bodrum to instanbul
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 19 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 20 Florence Hotel Advice
- 21 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 22 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 23 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 24 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 25 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?