We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
- 1 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Bank of England Museum
- 4 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 7 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 9 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 10 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 11 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 12 East coast trains
- 13 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 14 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 First night after arriving in Milan
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 19 France by rail or car?
- 20 Planning my days in Paris
- 21 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 22 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 23 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 24 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 25 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?