We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No points in Paris .....
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 6 Pompeii train to Naples
- 7 Small group for Colosseum
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 10 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 11 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 14 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 15 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 16 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 17 best time to book accommodation
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Sicily - not a trip report
- 23 Chip but no PIN
- 24 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 25 Questions for my German friends