We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 3 Weekend in Norfolk
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 6 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 7 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 8 Halloween in Paris
- 9 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 10 Cotswold Churches
- 11 chrismas in rome
- 12 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 13 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 14 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 15 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 16 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 17 I dream of Europe
- 18 My notes on Greece 101
- 19 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 20 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 21 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 22 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 23 how long in Malta?
- 24 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 25 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report