We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 2 Need Help, Iceland
- 3 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 4 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 5 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 6 Italy/ Spain in December
- 7 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 8 Venice - things to do?
- 9 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 10 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 11 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 12 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 13 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 14 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 15 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 16 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 17 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 18 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 19 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 20 Please help me give good travel advice
- 21 Berlin hotel convenient by transit to Berlin Messe
- 22 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 23 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 24 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 25 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station