We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 2 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 3 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 4 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 5 Trip to Russia – get the most!
- 6 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 7 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 8 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 9 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 10 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 13 Hotel in Lisbon
- 14 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 15 Tyrol - need general help
- 16 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 17 Italy food budget
- 18 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 19 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 20 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 21 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 22 Munich accommodations
- 23 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 24 buying souviners and art
- 25 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June