We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 7 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 10 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 11 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 7 days in Andalucia
- 14 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 Belgium
- 21 Navigo Decouverte
- 22 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 23 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?