We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm Trip Report
- 2 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 3 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 4 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 5 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 8 Venice - boats on canals
- 9 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 10 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 11 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 12 Carry On Luggage
- 13 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 14 France: which maps?
- 15 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 16 luggage suggestions
- 17 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 18 USA to Europe Adapter Plug
- 19 Prado free evenings
- 20 Ireland- Itinerary Planning Late September- 10 days
- 21 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?
- 22 Santorini and Naxos Food & Activity Recommendations Wanted!
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 24 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 25 Portugal - Need Itinerary Help