We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 2 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Never To Return
- 5 London city Best option for transit
- 6 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 9 Lucerne Switzerland
- 10 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 11 Central Europe itinerary
- 12 First visit to France in November
- 13 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 14 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 15 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 16 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 17 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 18 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 19 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 20 at what point should one get health insurance
- 21 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 22 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 23 Europe in December for 10 days
- 24 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 25 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?