We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 3 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 4 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 5 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 8 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 11 Is my plan ok
- 12 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 5 Observations About Paris
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 19 Southern Spain
- 20 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 21 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 24 Scotland November 2015
- 25 Luggage storage in Barcelona