We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
- 1 Best area for wine and which one?
- 2 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 3 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 4 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 7 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 10 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 11 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 12 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 13 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 14 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 15 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 16 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 17 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 18 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 19 Has anyone attended the Landshut Wedding of 1475 celebration?
- 20 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 21 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 22 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 23 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 24 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 25 Apartment in Seville