We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 2 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 5 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 8 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 9 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 12 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 13 Hotels that we found special
- 14 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 15 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 16 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 19 Great London Bars with a view
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 Art in Paris
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Rental car while in Ireland