We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 2 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 6 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 7 Matisse at Tate
- 8 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 9 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 10 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 11 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 12 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 13 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Ireland Southwest
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 18 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 19 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 20 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?