We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 2 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 3 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 4 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 5 I'm in a funk
- 6 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 11 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 12 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 13 Bike touring in France
- 14 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 15 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 16 Germany Visa for conference
- 17 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 18 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 19 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 20 travel to western Europe from India
- 21 I went to Paris in June
- 22 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady