We will be in Rome 5 days later this month, and are hoping to do one day trip outside the city. Orvieto looks appealing, but I'm just wondering if this is a good choice for Feb? Obviously, weather may be a factor anywhere we choose, but will the charm of the town be lost in the winter? Or is there another town we should consider, factoring in weather and ease of travel from Rome? Ostia Antica seems like another possibility, but since we are also visiting Athens on this trip, I'm wondering if we will have our fill of ancient ruins. Thanks for any guidance!
Day trip from Rome in Feb-- Orvieto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 3 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 4 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 5 Estonia Amber
- 6 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 7 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 8 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 9 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 10 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 11 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 12 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 13 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions