My husband & I will be in Paris for 5 days in Sept., his 2nd time, my third. I have no doubt that we can fill our days easily in this wonderful city, but the idea has crossed my mind that we might enjoy going to Versailles for a day. Your thoughts, fellow globe trotters? If we go, should we go on our own or book a tour? (Neither of us are terribly fond of big groups following a narrator, but enjoy small guided tours). Any other suggestions for a day trip would be welcome. Thanks!
Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 2 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 3 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 4 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 7 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 8 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 12 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 19 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 20 Stay near Paris
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 22 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 23 Oktoberfest reservations
- 24 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 25 Eurostar booking