My husband & I will be in Paris for 5 days in Sept., his 2nd time, my third. I have no doubt that we can fill our days easily in this wonderful city, but the idea has crossed my mind that we might enjoy going to Versailles for a day. Your thoughts, fellow globe trotters? If we go, should we go on our own or book a tour? (Neither of us are terribly fond of big groups following a narrator, but enjoy small guided tours). Any other suggestions for a day trip would be welcome. Thanks!
Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 2 going to italy
- 3 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 4 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 5 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 6 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 7 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 8 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 9 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 10 Self-driving tips for France
- 11 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 12 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 13 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 14 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 15 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 16 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 17 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 18 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 19 Getting to Bruges from Antwerp cruise port
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 22 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 23 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 24 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 25 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!