My friend and I are visiting in December (on the 1st) and have organised to rent a car and visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We've reserved tickets for 10:50am which should give us enough time to drive from Munich (Rental pick up is at 7am - imagine we should be out with the keys no later than 7;30) to Neuschwanstein, find some parking and be there within their requested time to pick up tickets.
What I was wondering is after the tour does anyone have suggestions of where to stop off on the drive home?
We'd like to stop in one or two smaller towns as we're doing quite a bit of traveling through Europe and will be in capital cities most of the time so will be nice for a change of scenery even if it is only brief. We have the car until 7pm that night but I'm aiming to arrive back in Munich at 6:30pm so we have that half an hour in case.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 3 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 4 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 5 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 6 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 7 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 8 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 12 Oyster card?
- 13 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 London Theater
- 16 multi city flights to europe
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Milan and Lake Como
- 21 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 25 Shorts in South of France?