My friend and I are visiting in December (on the 1st) and have organised to rent a car and visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We've reserved tickets for 10:50am which should give us enough time to drive from Munich (Rental pick up is at 7am - imagine we should be out with the keys no later than 7;30) to Neuschwanstein, find some parking and be there within their requested time to pick up tickets.
What I was wondering is after the tour does anyone have suggestions of where to stop off on the drive home?
We'd like to stop in one or two smaller towns as we're doing quite a bit of traveling through Europe and will be in capital cities most of the time so will be nice for a change of scenery even if it is only brief. We have the car until 7pm that night but I'm aiming to arrive back in Munich at 6:30pm so we have that half an hour in case.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living