My friend and I are visiting in December (on the 1st) and have organised to rent a car and visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We've reserved tickets for 10:50am which should give us enough time to drive from Munich (Rental pick up is at 7am - imagine we should be out with the keys no later than 7;30) to Neuschwanstein, find some parking and be there within their requested time to pick up tickets.
What I was wondering is after the tour does anyone have suggestions of where to stop off on the drive home?
We'd like to stop in one or two smaller towns as we're doing quite a bit of traveling through Europe and will be in capital cities most of the time so will be nice for a change of scenery even if it is only brief. We have the car until 7pm that night but I'm aiming to arrive back in Munich at 6:30pm so we have that half an hour in case.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 5 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 8 Perugia
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 13 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Praiano
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Family vacation to europe
- 20 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland