My friend and I are visiting in December (on the 1st) and have organised to rent a car and visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We've reserved tickets for 10:50am which should give us enough time to drive from Munich (Rental pick up is at 7am - imagine we should be out with the keys no later than 7;30) to Neuschwanstein, find some parking and be there within their requested time to pick up tickets.
What I was wondering is after the tour does anyone have suggestions of where to stop off on the drive home?
We'd like to stop in one or two smaller towns as we're doing quite a bit of traveling through Europe and will be in capital cities most of the time so will be nice for a change of scenery even if it is only brief. We have the car until 7pm that night but I'm aiming to arrive back in Munich at 6:30pm so we have that half an hour in case.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Bruges
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba