Going to Spain in September and spending 2 weeks there.
Itinerary will be:
Fly in to Barcelona
Barcelona 4 days (including a day trip to San Sebastian by plane)
Madrid 4 days (including day trips to Toledo and Aranjuez)
Granada 2 days
Ronda 1 day
Cordoba 1 day
Madrid (and fly out that day)
For my 2 day trips out of Madrid, planning to do Toledo and Aranjuez (or some other place). Taking the train.
I think Toledo is more or less settled as a must go. What about Aranjuez?
I read a comment that if you've seen the Palacio Real in Madrid then Aranjuez' Palacio Real is about the same. Unless I go there for the gardens. Otherwise, what other possible day trip ideas from Madrid? Or is Madrid worth 3 days and just do the Toledo day trip?
Day Trip from Madrid - Ideas/Comments
- 1 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 2 Spain Travel
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Venice in Jan
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Public transport from Ostuni
- 7 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 Itinerary Questions
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 15 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 16 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 17 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 18 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 19 A full week in The Netherlands
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 25 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.