Going to Spain in September and spending 2 weeks there.
Itinerary will be:
Fly in to Barcelona
Barcelona 4 days (including a day trip to San Sebastian by plane)
Madrid 4 days (including day trips to Toledo and Aranjuez)
Granada 2 days
Ronda 1 day
Cordoba 1 day
Madrid (and fly out that day)
For my 2 day trips out of Madrid, planning to do Toledo and Aranjuez (or some other place). Taking the train.
I think Toledo is more or less settled as a must go. What about Aranjuez?
I read a comment that if you've seen the Palacio Real in Madrid then Aranjuez' Palacio Real is about the same. Unless I go there for the gardens. Otherwise, what other possible day trip ideas from Madrid? Or is Madrid worth 3 days and just do the Toledo day trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 How to hire a private cook in Algarve
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 "Too Much Cows"
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Rome -- The next time around
- 13 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 18 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Crete Holiday
- 24 Christmas in Italy
- 25 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!