Going to Spain in September and spending 2 weeks there.
Itinerary will be:
Fly in to Barcelona
Barcelona 4 days (including a day trip to San Sebastian by plane)
Madrid 4 days (including day trips to Toledo and Aranjuez)
Granada 2 days
Ronda 1 day
Cordoba 1 day
Madrid (and fly out that day)
For my 2 day trips out of Madrid, planning to do Toledo and Aranjuez (or some other place). Taking the train.
I think Toledo is more or less settled as a must go. What about Aranjuez?
I read a comment that if you've seen the Palacio Real in Madrid then Aranjuez' Palacio Real is about the same. Unless I go there for the gardens. Otherwise, what other possible day trip ideas from Madrid? Or is Madrid worth 3 days and just do the Toledo day trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 3 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 4 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 9 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 10 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 11 Amsterdam
- 12 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 13 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Train / Calabria
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 18 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise