Going to Spain in September and spending 2 weeks there.
Itinerary will be:
Fly in to Barcelona
Barcelona 4 days (including a day trip to San Sebastian by plane)
Madrid 4 days (including day trips to Toledo and Aranjuez)
Granada 2 days
Ronda 1 day
Cordoba 1 day
Madrid (and fly out that day)
For my 2 day trips out of Madrid, planning to do Toledo and Aranjuez (or some other place). Taking the train.
I think Toledo is more or less settled as a must go. What about Aranjuez?
I read a comment that if you've seen the Palacio Real in Madrid then Aranjuez' Palacio Real is about the same. Unless I go there for the gardens. Otherwise, what other possible day trip ideas from Madrid? Or is Madrid worth 3 days and just do the Toledo day trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 2 Trip Report - 19 Days in Portugal
- 3 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 4 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 5 London Restaurants
- 6 Transportation Question Italy
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 Germany deregistration
- 10 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 11 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 12 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 13 One day in Lille, France
- 14 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 15 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 16 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 17 Corsica
- 18 CDG to Marais transfer
- 19 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 20 London best location
- 21 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 22 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 23 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 24 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges