Going to Spain in September and spending 2 weeks there.
Itinerary will be:
Fly in to Barcelona
Barcelona 4 days (including a day trip to San Sebastian by plane)
Madrid 4 days (including day trips to Toledo and Aranjuez)
Granada 2 days
Ronda 1 day
Cordoba 1 day
Madrid (and fly out that day)
For my 2 day trips out of Madrid, planning to do Toledo and Aranjuez (or some other place). Taking the train.
I think Toledo is more or less settled as a must go. What about Aranjuez?
I read a comment that if you've seen the Palacio Real in Madrid then Aranjuez' Palacio Real is about the same. Unless I go there for the gardens. Otherwise, what other possible day trip ideas from Madrid? Or is Madrid worth 3 days and just do the Toledo day trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 3 First trip to Italy
- 4 England and Wales by public transport
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 7 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 8 Ireland & Scotland
- 9 Scenic Driving Routes
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 12 Andalucia in December
- 13 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 14 Budapest Hotels
- 15 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 16 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 17 London's Must Sights!
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 20 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 21 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 22 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 23 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 24 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 25 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!