Going to Spain in September and spending 2 weeks there.
Itinerary will be:
Fly in to Barcelona
Barcelona 4 days (including a day trip to San Sebastian by plane)
Madrid 4 days (including day trips to Toledo and Aranjuez)
Granada 2 days
Ronda 1 day
Cordoba 1 day
Madrid (and fly out that day)
For my 2 day trips out of Madrid, planning to do Toledo and Aranjuez (or some other place). Taking the train.
I think Toledo is more or less settled as a must go. What about Aranjuez?
I read a comment that if you've seen the Palacio Real in Madrid then Aranjuez' Palacio Real is about the same. Unless I go there for the gardens. Otherwise, what other possible day trip ideas from Madrid? Or is Madrid worth 3 days and just do the Toledo day trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 Switzerland
- 5 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 14 Rent a Car?
- 15 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 19 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 20 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee