I'm going to be in Madrid for one week in April and would like to take a one or two day side trip while there. I've been to Alicante, Segovia, and Toledo before. I have three places in mind that would be accessible by train. (1.) It seems Barcelona would be easy to get to since it's only about a 2 1/2 train ride. (2.) I've also seen there is an over-night train to Lisbon, which is nice since most of the travel time is during sleeping hours. (3.) I would really like to go to Tangier, but I don't think I'll have enough time considering the train and ferry rides. Does anyone have any advice regarding these places, or any suggestions about other locations?
Day trip from Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus ride to Positano
- 2 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 3 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 4 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 5 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 6 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 7 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 8 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 9 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 10 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 11 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 12 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 13 Amsterdam restaurants
- 14 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 15 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 16 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 17 9 days in switzerland
- 18 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 19 Greece for a month with a baby
- 20 Wine tour in Chianti
- 21 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 22 Slovenia itinerary
- 23 Colosseum day or Night Tour
- 24 Europcar at vienna airport
- 25 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?