I'm going to be in Madrid for one week in April and would like to take a one or two day side trip while there. I've been to Alicante, Segovia, and Toledo before. I have three places in mind that would be accessible by train. (1.) It seems Barcelona would be easy to get to since it's only about a 2 1/2 train ride. (2.) I've also seen there is an over-night train to Lisbon, which is nice since most of the travel time is during sleeping hours. (3.) I would really like to go to Tangier, but I don't think I'll have enough time considering the train and ferry rides. Does anyone have any advice regarding these places, or any suggestions about other locations?
Day trip from Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 2 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 3 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 4 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 7 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 8 Greece after the Vote
- 9 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 12 Back to Provence in 2015
- 13 Spain trip report
- 14 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 15 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 16 Rocamaxour
- 17 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 18 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 19 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 20 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 21 Day Trips from Paris
- 22 How to see Yorkshire and Northern England in 3-4 nights without a car
- 23 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 24 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 25 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography