I'm going to be in Madrid for one week in April and would like to take a one or two day side trip while there. I've been to Alicante, Segovia, and Toledo before. I have three places in mind that would be accessible by train. (1.) It seems Barcelona would be easy to get to since it's only about a 2 1/2 train ride. (2.) I've also seen there is an over-night train to Lisbon, which is nice since most of the travel time is during sleeping hours. (3.) I would really like to go to Tangier, but I don't think I'll have enough time considering the train and ferry rides. Does anyone have any advice regarding these places, or any suggestions about other locations?
Day trip from Madrid
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 3 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 4 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 16 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 17 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Planning a holiday
- 24 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!