I'm going to be in Madrid for one week in April and would like to take a one or two day side trip while there. I've been to Alicante, Segovia, and Toledo before. I have three places in mind that would be accessible by train. (1.) It seems Barcelona would be easy to get to since it's only about a 2 1/2 train ride. (2.) I've also seen there is an over-night train to Lisbon, which is nice since most of the travel time is during sleeping hours. (3.) I would really like to go to Tangier, but I don't think I'll have enough time considering the train and ferry rides. Does anyone have any advice regarding these places, or any suggestions about other locations?
Day trip from Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 2 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 3 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 4 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 5 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 9 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 10 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 14 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 19 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 20 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 21 Stay near Paris
- 22 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 23 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 24 Oktoberfest reservations
- 25 Trip to Italy with teenagers