I'm going to be in Madrid for one week in April and would like to take a one or two day side trip while there. I've been to Alicante, Segovia, and Toledo before. I have three places in mind that would be accessible by train. (1.) It seems Barcelona would be easy to get to since it's only about a 2 1/2 train ride. (2.) I've also seen there is an over-night train to Lisbon, which is nice since most of the travel time is during sleeping hours. (3.) I would really like to go to Tangier, but I don't think I'll have enough time considering the train and ferry rides. Does anyone have any advice regarding these places, or any suggestions about other locations?
Day trip from Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 5 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 6 Where to go in France mid July?
- 7 Help with England/Wales tour
- 8 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 9 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 10 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 11 Is Venice really dirty?
- 12 Cotswold Churches
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 Best beach town in Italy?
- 15 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 16 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 17 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Five nights in Extremadura
- 21 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy