Last year I sought some advice about a day trip to York from this forum and it was great. I loved my time in York. So I've done York, Bath, Oxford, and Stratford upon Avon. I'm looking for a walkable town with interesting street life and cool eateries. Not looking to visit museums, cathedrals, etc.. Just see and feel something different. I'm thinking of Brighton or Canterbury, leaning towards Brighton. I like to walk as opposed to use public transport when possible.
Please give me your feedback and any suggestions of daytrips that are two hours away from London.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 2 Leather goods in Florence
- 3 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 4 4 days in Provence in early June
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 7 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 8 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 12 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 13 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 14 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 15 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 16 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 17 Trip to Rome
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 21 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 22 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 23 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 24 French election
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
Day trip from London in early October, Canterbury, Brighton, or ??