Last year I sought some advice about a day trip to York from this forum and it was great. I loved my time in York. So I've done York, Bath, Oxford, and Stratford upon Avon. I'm looking for a walkable town with interesting street life and cool eateries. Not looking to visit museums, cathedrals, etc.. Just see and feel something different. I'm thinking of Brighton or Canterbury, leaning towards Brighton. I like to walk as opposed to use public transport when possible.
Please give me your feedback and any suggestions of daytrips that are two hours away from London.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 12 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 13 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 14 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 22 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Day trips around Vienna
Day trip from London in early October, Canterbury, Brighton, or ??