We're planning a trip to Europe late August/September, and will be in London August 28-September 2nd. We arrive at around 9:30am Friday, August 28 and leave very early Wednesday, September 2nd.
This will be my first time to London at all (though I've oddly made the trip to Wells through the countryside for work before), and my husband's first time as an adult (probably 15+ years since he's been in England).
I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to plan some kind of day trip, and if so where you would recommend. We've been tossing around the idea of Oxford or Bath or even Paris via train (I've never been).
The rest of our travels (10 more nights; 5 in Santorini and 5 in Barcelona) will be fairly relaxed so I'm not tremendously worried about becoming overwhelmed, but I'm wondering if it's really worthwhile. I really loved driving through the English countryside when I visited for work...but there are so many factors at play there, it's hard to really know if it would've been something I would've chosen to leave London for had that been an option.
If you do reco a day trip, do you recommend one of those tours (Viator, for example)? Should we just take trains solo?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 4 Overnight at Heathrow
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 9 days in London
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Milan private guide
- 14 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 15 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 16 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 17 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Ronda Wine/biking
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 22 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 25 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari