We're planning a trip to Europe late August/September, and will be in London August 28-September 2nd. We arrive at around 9:30am Friday, August 28 and leave very early Wednesday, September 2nd.
This will be my first time to London at all (though I've oddly made the trip to Wells through the countryside for work before), and my husband's first time as an adult (probably 15+ years since he's been in England).
I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to plan some kind of day trip, and if so where you would recommend. We've been tossing around the idea of Oxford or Bath or even Paris via train (I've never been).
The rest of our travels (10 more nights; 5 in Santorini and 5 in Barcelona) will be fairly relaxed so I'm not tremendously worried about becoming overwhelmed, but I'm wondering if it's really worthwhile. I really loved driving through the English countryside when I visited for work...but there are so many factors at play there, it's hard to really know if it would've been something I would've chosen to leave London for had that been an option.
If you do reco a day trip, do you recommend one of those tours (Viator, for example)? Should we just take trains solo?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 2 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 3 Villa in Italy
- 4 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 5 Places to stop/stay?
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 One night in the Dolomites
- 8 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 9 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 10 Route Information
- 11 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 12 Lisbon
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 18 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 19 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 20 TSA Precheck
- 21 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 22 Where in Greece
- 23 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 Couscous