We're planning a trip to Europe late August/September, and will be in London August 28-September 2nd. We arrive at around 9:30am Friday, August 28 and leave very early Wednesday, September 2nd.
This will be my first time to London at all (though I've oddly made the trip to Wells through the countryside for work before), and my husband's first time as an adult (probably 15+ years since he's been in England).
I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to plan some kind of day trip, and if so where you would recommend. We've been tossing around the idea of Oxford or Bath or even Paris via train (I've never been).
The rest of our travels (10 more nights; 5 in Santorini and 5 in Barcelona) will be fairly relaxed so I'm not tremendously worried about becoming overwhelmed, but I'm wondering if it's really worthwhile. I really loved driving through the English countryside when I visited for work...but there are so many factors at play there, it's hard to really know if it would've been something I would've chosen to leave London for had that been an option.
If you do reco a day trip, do you recommend one of those tours (Viator, for example)? Should we just take trains solo?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 2 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 3 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 4 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 5 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 6 Valencia, Spain
- 7 Restaurants in Spain
- 8 Which city order makes most sense?
- 9 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 10 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 11 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 12 credit and debit cards
- 13 Transportation Question Italy
- 14 Help with basic itinerary
- 15 Short Trip to Paris
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 17 Greece and Italy Combo
- 18 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 19 Final Four
- 20 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 21 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 22 Where are the Mods?
- 23 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 24 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 25 Visit to Engand