I will be in London for 2 weeks in August (will have 3 days in total for the 2 weekend as I will be flying off on Saturday night on the 2nd weekend). I am just wondering if there is any nice place that I can visit as a day trip from London, I prefer a small city/village or some place with nice and authentic castle. I also like places that can offer some medieval feel (to some extend like the old town in Edinburgh).
It will be my second trip to London, I've covered the major attractions in London (except Tower of London) previously and have took a day trip to Warwick Castle (the castle is nice but just feel a little commercialised to me) and Straford and Oxford. Also been to Manchester, York and Edinburgh previously. Therefore I have covered the places that I would like to go in my previous trip, the only place that I didn't managed to visit is Costwolds and Bath.
Naturally Bath or Costwolds is high on my list but did some reading on the internet that you will need a car to best nagivate around the villages in Costwolds? Bath in August I would expect to be very busy and probably will be crowded with tourists. Is there any nice small villages that would make a it possible as a day trip from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 4 A few more questions about Brittany
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 7 Positano or Sorrento?
- 8 Paris in November
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 London Theater
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 17 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 20 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 21 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 22 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Switzerland in September