I will be in London for 2 weeks in August (will have 3 days in total for the 2 weekend as I will be flying off on Saturday night on the 2nd weekend). I am just wondering if there is any nice place that I can visit as a day trip from London, I prefer a small city/village or some place with nice and authentic castle. I also like places that can offer some medieval feel (to some extend like the old town in Edinburgh).
It will be my second trip to London, I've covered the major attractions in London (except Tower of London) previously and have took a day trip to Warwick Castle (the castle is nice but just feel a little commercialised to me) and Straford and Oxford. Also been to Manchester, York and Edinburgh previously. Therefore I have covered the places that I would like to go in my previous trip, the only place that I didn't managed to visit is Costwolds and Bath.
Naturally Bath or Costwolds is high on my list but did some reading on the internet that you will need a car to best nagivate around the villages in Costwolds? Bath in August I would expect to be very busy and probably will be crowded with tourists. Is there any nice small villages that would make a it possible as a day trip from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 2 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 3 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 9 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 16 Bruges
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 21 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 A week in the Occitanie
- 25 Question about Loire Valley châteaux