I will be in London for 2 weeks in August (will have 3 days in total for the 2 weekend as I will be flying off on Saturday night on the 2nd weekend). I am just wondering if there is any nice place that I can visit as a day trip from London, I prefer a small city/village or some place with nice and authentic castle. I also like places that can offer some medieval feel (to some extend like the old town in Edinburgh).
It will be my second trip to London, I've covered the major attractions in London (except Tower of London) previously and have took a day trip to Warwick Castle (the castle is nice but just feel a little commercialised to me) and Straford and Oxford. Also been to Manchester, York and Edinburgh previously. Therefore I have covered the places that I would like to go in my previous trip, the only place that I didn't managed to visit is Costwolds and Bath.
Naturally Bath or Costwolds is high on my list but did some reading on the internet that you will need a car to best nagivate around the villages in Costwolds? Bath in August I would expect to be very busy and probably will be crowded with tourists. Is there any nice small villages that would make a it possible as a day trip from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 French language immersion schools in France
- 6 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 7 Studying art in English in venice
- 8 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 9 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?