I will be in London for 2 weeks in August (will have 3 days in total for the 2 weekend as I will be flying off on Saturday night on the 2nd weekend). I am just wondering if there is any nice place that I can visit as a day trip from London, I prefer a small city/village or some place with nice and authentic castle. I also like places that can offer some medieval feel (to some extend like the old town in Edinburgh).
It will be my second trip to London, I've covered the major attractions in London (except Tower of London) previously and have took a day trip to Warwick Castle (the castle is nice but just feel a little commercialised to me) and Straford and Oxford. Also been to Manchester, York and Edinburgh previously. Therefore I have covered the places that I would like to go in my previous trip, the only place that I didn't managed to visit is Costwolds and Bath.
Naturally Bath or Costwolds is high on my list but did some reading on the internet that you will need a car to best nagivate around the villages in Costwolds? Bath in August I would expect to be very busy and probably will be crowded with tourists. Is there any nice small villages that would make a it possible as a day trip from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 5 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 6 Flamenco in October
- 7 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 8 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 13 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions