I will be travelling to Lausanne for a business trip for around 8 days towards the end of August whereby I have around 3.5 full days on my own for a short vacation in Switzerland.
I'm planning to spend 1 to 1.5 days in Lausanne and will have round 2 full days to make either 2 day trips or stay overnight in one place that I intends to go.
I noticed there is several places that can be visited as a day trip such as Gruyeres, Vevey, Montreux and Castle Chillon, Estavayer-le-Lac or a little further away Zermatt, Annecy and Basel.
I've been to Switzerland 4 years ago for a short trip covering Geneva, Interlaken and Bern and I've got to say I like the scenery and the Swiss Alps (unfortunately when I went to Jungfrau there weather was not that great) and not really interested in the city like Geneva with Bern being the exception.
My preference would be to make day trip to small town/villages with landscape or scenery such as
Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Appenzellor or charming town like Stein am Rhein. However understand these are a little further away as a day trip but I am open to staying overnight.
Was thinking to visit Colmar by travelling to Basel and stay overnight in Basel but probably too little time to do both Colmar and Basel in 1.5 days.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 5 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 6 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 7 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 House Hunting in France
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Tour of Northern Italy
- 16 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 17 Cognac transportation?
- 18 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 19 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 22 Granada to Madrid
- 23 San Sebastian
- 24 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 25 Hotel in Vienna