I will be travelling to Lausanne for a business trip for around 8 days towards the end of August whereby I have around 3.5 full days on my own for a short vacation in Switzerland.
I'm planning to spend 1 to 1.5 days in Lausanne and will have round 2 full days to make either 2 day trips or stay overnight in one place that I intends to go.
I noticed there is several places that can be visited as a day trip such as Gruyeres, Vevey, Montreux and Castle Chillon, Estavayer-le-Lac or a little further away Zermatt, Annecy and Basel.
I've been to Switzerland 4 years ago for a short trip covering Geneva, Interlaken and Bern and I've got to say I like the scenery and the Swiss Alps (unfortunately when I went to Jungfrau there weather was not that great) and not really interested in the city like Geneva with Bern being the exception.
My preference would be to make day trip to small town/villages with landscape or scenery such as
Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Appenzellor or charming town like Stein am Rhein. However understand these are a little further away as a day trip but I am open to staying overnight.
Was thinking to visit Colmar by travelling to Basel and stay overnight in Basel but probably too little time to do both Colmar and Basel in 1.5 days.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Need Information about French Alps
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 France Itinerary Advice
- 7 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 8 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 12 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 16 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 17 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 18 2 weeks Europe trip
- 19 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 20 Transportation
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 4 days in Provence in early June
- 23 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 24 Leather goods in Florence
- 25 Security -- day pack at museums +