I will be travelling to Lausanne for a business trip for around 8 days towards the end of August whereby I have around 3.5 full days on my own for a short vacation in Switzerland.
I'm planning to spend 1 to 1.5 days in Lausanne and will have round 2 full days to make either 2 day trips or stay overnight in one place that I intends to go.
I noticed there is several places that can be visited as a day trip such as Gruyeres, Vevey, Montreux and Castle Chillon, Estavayer-le-Lac or a little further away Zermatt, Annecy and Basel.
I've been to Switzerland 4 years ago for a short trip covering Geneva, Interlaken and Bern and I've got to say I like the scenery and the Swiss Alps (unfortunately when I went to Jungfrau there weather was not that great) and not really interested in the city like Geneva with Bern being the exception.
My preference would be to make day trip to small town/villages with landscape or scenery such as
Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Appenzellor or charming town like Stein am Rhein. However understand these are a little further away as a day trip but I am open to staying overnight.
Was thinking to visit Colmar by travelling to Basel and stay overnight in Basel but probably too little time to do both Colmar and Basel in 1.5 days.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy
- 2 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 3 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 4 Low Deposit Holidays| Low Cost Getaway| Secure From Book It Now
- 5 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 6 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 7 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 8 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Stu Tower
- 13 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 14 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 15 Maybe your worst nightmare...
- 16 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 17 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 18 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 21 What to do in San Marino + Internet connection
- 22 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 23 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 24 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 25 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together