I have a 2 day lay over in Istanbul in December and since I've visited Istanbul several times before, I am planning a day trip outside of Istanbul to see a new part of Turkey. The only places I've been to in Turkey are Istanbul & Edirne. Would appreciate any suggestions for nice day trips from Istanbul. Is Izmir / Ephesus do-able in a day trip? I found some reasonable plane tickets from Istanbul to Izmir and the flight is under an hour.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2For1 question
- 2 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 3 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 4 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 7 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Venice
- 12 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Another Book List for Italy
- 15 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 16 Last night in Sweden
- 17 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 20 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 21 charming cities in Spain
- 22 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal