I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 3 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Apartment Montreux area
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Europe First Timers
- 11 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 Safety in Rome
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 An evening in London
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 22 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 23 Chur or St Moritz?
- 24 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia