I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 5 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 6 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Barcelona - places to stay
- 19 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Language to use in Belgium
- 23 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 24 Istanbul at Easter
- 25 Palermo Apartment