I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 2 Ravello to Paestum
- 3 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 4 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 5 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 6 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 7 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 8 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 9 What Greek islands should I visit
- 10 Which order should I travel
- 11 Which order should I travel
- 12 Which order should I travel
- 13 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 16 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 17 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 18 Barcelona completely overrated
- 19 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 20 Girona and Besalau
- 21 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 22 Europe Destination with kids?
- 23 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 24 Cork or Galway?
- 25 Villa near Florence Italy