I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Day trip from Glasgow to visit family locations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 2 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 3 22 year olds in Europe
- 4 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 5 Granada
- 6 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 7 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 8 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 9 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 10 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 11 Coffee in Naples
- 12 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 13 A Sardinia trip report
- 14 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 15 First time Ireland trip
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 20 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 23 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 24 Eastern Europe
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?