I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 2 Lake Garda- Italy
- 3 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 4 European Championship
- 5 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 6 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 7 Plan Italy trip
- 8 sim card
- 9 http://garciniaweightlose.com/garcinia-active-slim/
- 10 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 11 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 12 when you consider that it swivels
- 13 Train from Rome to Naples
- 14 How to reduce weight
- 15 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 18 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 19 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 20 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 21 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 22 Spain to Morocco
- 23 Sardinia, Italy
- 24 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 25 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month