I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Day trip from Glasgow to visit family locations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 2 Need Help, Iceland
- 3 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 4 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 5 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 6 Italy/ Spain in December
- 7 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 8 Venice - things to do?
- 9 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 10 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 11 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 12 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 13 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 14 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 15 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 16 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 17 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 18 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 19 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 20 Please help me give good travel advice
- 21 Berlin hotel convenient by transit to Berlin Messe
- 22 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 23 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 24 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 25 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station