I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 2 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 5 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 6 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 11 Munich Under Attack...
- 12 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 13 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 14 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 15 From Genoa to Rome...
- 16 Greece Itinerary
- 17 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 18 Spain in November
- 19 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 20 3 Days in Naples...
- 21 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 22 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 23 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 24 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 25 Dentix in Spain