I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip near Paris
- 2 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 5 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 6 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 7 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 8 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 9 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 10 St. Petersburg: 5 days / Itineray questions
- 11 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 12 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 13 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 14 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 15 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 16 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 17 Day trip suggestion from London
- 18 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 19 Lake Maggiore
- 20 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 21 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 22 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 23 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 24 Milan tours
- 25 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)