I am looking for advice on planning a day out of Glasgow to visit areas in Stirlingshire, and South Lanarkshire. There are 4 of us, and the areas are where my husband's mother's family came from.
I have contacted a couple of guides to see about hiring someone, and not had a lot of luck so far. My ideal would be someone familiar with the areas and able to take the historical dates and events I have found and place them into a local historical context. Maybe I am hoping for the moon.
Worst case, we rent a car and drive around the areas.
If anyone has any tips or advice, I would welcome them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Topic Title나인바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안카지노ル아시안카지노
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Piedmont as a destination
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 8 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 11 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 12 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 15 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 16 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 19 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 20 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 21 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Dublin Leap Card