Will be spending some days in Barcelona in late Sept./early Oct. and wanted to do a day trip outside the city. Originally I was debating between a) Montserrat (the abbey) and b) Girona+Figueres, but eventually, after doing some research, decided to cross Montserrat off the list and focus on (b).
Are Girona and Figueres doable on a single day? I won't be renting a car and do not want to resort to an organized trip, so will travel via public transit. Flying solo, male, fit. I enjoy art but am rather lukewarm towards Dali, so not sure whether it is even worth squeezing in Figueres.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 4 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 5 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 6 One week in Europe
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 17 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 18 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 19 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 London Theater
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris