My partner and I are debating whether to visit Leiden or Utrecht as a day trip from Amsterdam and would appreciate recommendations. We enjoy cycling – we rent bicycles to get around Amsterdam when we visit, and I wondered whether we could take the train to either Leiden or Utrecht and rent bicycles locally for a day trip. We once visited Rotterdam as a day trip, rented bicycles from a municipal garage and had a great time simply cycling through all the neighborhoods, stopping for lunch and a beer. Does that sound like an option for either Leiden or Utrecht?
Day trip from Amsterdam: Leiden or Utrecht?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Paris
- 2 Italy tours
- 3 Norway Advice
- 4 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 8 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 9 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 10 Air France strike
- 11 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 14 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 See You In Minsk
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?
- 19 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 20 BARCELONA: renting a car to Costa Brava
- 21 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 22 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 23 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 24 Scottish Passport
- 25 Questions About Croatia