My partner and I are debating whether to visit Leiden or Utrecht as a day trip from Amsterdam and would appreciate recommendations. We enjoy cycling – we rent bicycles to get around Amsterdam when we visit, and I wondered whether we could take the train to either Leiden or Utrecht and rent bicycles locally for a day trip. We once visited Rotterdam as a day trip, rented bicycles from a municipal garage and had a great time simply cycling through all the neighborhoods, stopping for lunch and a beer. Does that sound like an option for either Leiden or Utrecht?
Day trip from Amsterdam: Leiden or Utrecht?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 15 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 18 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 23 Italy Countryside
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)