I will be in Alba & Lucerne for 3 nights each in early-to-mid August. I am 29 and I will be with my 70-something year old great aunt who is a ton of fun. This forum has helped me immensely in my planning, but I still have a few questions!
1. Should we use day tours or try and go it ourselves? This is my second time in Italy, first driving (which I am nervous about). We will have a car in Alba, not Lucerne. Last year I took a few day tours that I really enjoyed. In Alba, will we be able to figure out the vineyards and enotecas and where to go on our own? And in Lucerne, is the public transportation easy enough? I have seen several day tours to the Jungfrau, Interlaken, Pilatus, etc. Not sure what direction to go in! I was thinking maybe one in each location? ANY advice would be helpful as I am not sure what direction to head.
2. I have read that many places in piedmont may not be open in August. I completely understand that it is not an ideal time to travel, but as a teacher options are very limited
Last year I stuck to larger places and had absolutely no troubles. Will this be an issue? Is it a big enough issue to change our plans??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Sundays in Puglia
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Prague
- 12 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 What tips can you give about packing?
- 16 Sim Card Options
- 17 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 18 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 19 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 20 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 21 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 22 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 25 Scotland in 7 Days