I admire this board so much and hope you can help me plan this trip for our 30th anniversary. We are so excited to be going to Italy. Here is our itinerary:
Sun 9/18 - Wed 9/21 Venice
Wed 9/21 - Sun 9/25 Florence
Sun 9/25 - Sat 10/01 Rome
We are flying into Venice and flying out of Rome. We will be taking the train from Venice to Florence and Florence to Rome. We are in our 50s and are usually good walkers but my husband is having foot problems that we are hoping to be resolved in time for the trip.
We are looking for a day tour from Florence that will take farther into the Tuscany area and would like to see Siena and other towns that you feel are worth seeing. We would also like to have a nice lunch or dinner included in the tour. We are just looking to get out of the city tourist spots and have a different experience for the day. Could anyone suggest an organized bus tour that they liked? We are not up to taking a train or renting a car and like to meet other travelers. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Long weekend in Albania
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November