I admire this board so much and hope you can help me plan this trip for our 30th anniversary. We are so excited to be going to Italy. Here is our itinerary:
Sun 9/18 - Wed 9/21 Venice
Wed 9/21 - Sun 9/25 Florence
Sun 9/25 - Sat 10/01 Rome
We are flying into Venice and flying out of Rome. We will be taking the train from Venice to Florence and Florence to Rome. We are in our 50s and are usually good walkers but my husband is having foot problems that we are hoping to be resolved in time for the trip.
We are looking for a day tour from Florence that will take farther into the Tuscany area and would like to see Siena and other towns that you feel are worth seeing. We would also like to have a nice lunch or dinner included in the tour. We are just looking to get out of the city tourist spots and have a different experience for the day. Could anyone suggest an organized bus tour that they liked? We are not up to taking a train or renting a car and like to meet other travelers. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Greece
- 2 Venice
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 5 Rental car in Menton
- 6 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 7 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 8 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 9 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 11 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 12 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 13 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Paris cooking classes
- 17 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 18 Canal du Midi
- 19 Family vacation to europe
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 22 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 23 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 24 Italy
- 25 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk