We have hired a car for a day for when we are in Munich to go and see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. We will be doing this on December 1st.
Is anyone able to suggest any routes or stops that would be worth checking out throughout? We chose to drive rather than take a tour for that extra bit of freedom and to follow more of our own pace so want to make the most of that and check out a few places along the way.
From what I've read it would be good to get Neuschwanstein done first and earlier to beat the tour groups, however I'm not sure it will really get as busy being December? I could be wrong. Then head over to Linderhof and back to Munich. If this trip is better done in reverse please also let me know
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 5 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 6 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 7 Versailles
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 14 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Acorn TV
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016