We have hired a car for a day for when we are in Munich to go and see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. We will be doing this on December 1st.
Is anyone able to suggest any routes or stops that would be worth checking out throughout? We chose to drive rather than take a tour for that extra bit of freedom and to follow more of our own pace so want to make the most of that and check out a few places along the way.
From what I've read it would be good to get Neuschwanstein done first and earlier to beat the tour groups, however I'm not sure it will really get as busy being December? I could be wrong. Then head over to Linderhof and back to Munich. If this trip is better done in reverse please also let me know
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy Cinque Terre
- 2 San Sebastián
- 3 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Zurich to Milan trip
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas