We have hired a car for a day for when we are in Munich to go and see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. We will be doing this on December 1st.
Is anyone able to suggest any routes or stops that would be worth checking out throughout? We chose to drive rather than take a tour for that extra bit of freedom and to follow more of our own pace so want to make the most of that and check out a few places along the way.
From what I've read it would be good to get Neuschwanstein done first and earlier to beat the tour groups, however I'm not sure it will really get as busy being December? I could be wrong. Then head over to Linderhof and back to Munich. If this trip is better done in reverse please also let me know
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 4 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 7 Naples, Italy
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 10 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 11 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 12 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Hotel in Vienna
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 20 Tuscany 6 nights
- 21 France & Italy, May or June
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 24 1st time in ZURICH
- 25 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis