We have hired a car for a day for when we are in Munich to go and see Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. We will be doing this on December 1st.
Is anyone able to suggest any routes or stops that would be worth checking out throughout? We chose to drive rather than take a tour for that extra bit of freedom and to follow more of our own pace so want to make the most of that and check out a few places along the way.
From what I've read it would be good to get Neuschwanstein done first and earlier to beat the tour groups, however I'm not sure it will really get as busy being December? I could be wrong. Then head over to Linderhof and back to Munich. If this trip is better done in reverse please also let me know
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 Greece
- 3 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 4 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 5 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 6 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 7 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 8 Iceland
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 11 London with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 13 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 16 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 20 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 21 Lake Como AREA questions
- 22 Berlin to ?
- 23 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland