So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LIsbon
- 2 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 Luggage Storage
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Brugge hotel help
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 12 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Trip suggestion
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Back from Paris
- 19 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 20 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 21 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 24 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 25 What to wear to wedding in Sweden