So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 Norway fjord
- 5 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 11 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Stockholm during midsummer
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 18 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 19 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 23 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 24 Praiano
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?