So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 2 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 3 WiFi on trains
- 4 A guide to Madrid
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 8 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 9 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 10 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 11 Amsterday > Bruges
- 12 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 13 Renting an apt.
- 14 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 15 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 16 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 17 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 18 ¡QUE VIVA VALENCIA! Wandering and Eating amidst the Orange Blossoms
- 19 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 20 Great restaurants in Italy
- 21 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 22 Help me with this trip
- 23 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 24 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 25 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?