So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets within Italy
- 2 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 3 Southwestern England
- 4 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 5 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 6 Barcelona -which discount tickets? - museums and Gaudi
- 7 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 8 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 9 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 10 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 11 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 12 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 15 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 18 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 19 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 20 Paris Perfect Soap
- 21 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 22 London/Help
- 23 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 24 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 25 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris