So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 3 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 4 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 5 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 6 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 7 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 8 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 9 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 10 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 11 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 14 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 15 Scotland day tour
- 16 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 17 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 18 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 19 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 20 International driving permit required in France?
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 Tour Company in Russia
- 23 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 24 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice