So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 2 Refund Oyster Card
- 3 Best Things to do in Bristol
- 4 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 5 Lake Maggiore?
- 6 Car rental Spain to France
- 7 what to do in florence
- 8 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 9 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 10 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 11 If Greece exits
- 12 Is it worth it to add Istanbul to a trip to Greece?
- 13 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 14 Night life for 20 somethings: Madrid vs. Barcelona
- 15 Good Bed & Breakfast in Edinburgh and Liverpool?
- 16 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 17 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 18 Southern Italy Public Transportation?
- 19 a Cantal, in Auvergne
- 20 Blonde in Amsterdam & Paris: Van Gogh, Gables & the Gare d'Orsay
- 21 Solo Traveler: Santorini or Mykonos (or alternative) for 3 nights?
- 22 Help me finish this 10 day Greece itinerary!
- 23 Rome Walking Guide
- 24 A plethora of islands
- 25 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!