So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 2 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 3 Day on the Rhine
- 4 Please help me give good travel advice
- 5 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 6 Portugal with children
- 7 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 8 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 9 Stopover in Tudela?
- 10 Travel throught Europe
- 11 Car Rentals in Athens
- 12 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 13 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station
- 14 Croatia hotel and itinerary help (8 days, 7 nights in Sep)
- 15 driving day trip to la rioja from San Sebastian- winery / lunchcstops
- 16 From Sarajevo to Belgrade ?
- 17 Macarons!
- 18 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 19 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 20 Josselin region of Brittany
- 21 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 22 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 25 Venice, then ?, then Munich