So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 2 Sweden and Denmark
- 3 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 4 translation
- 5 Round trip to Bergen question
- 6 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 7 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 8 2 Week Balkan Adventure
- 9 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 10 Sweden- and another thing
- 11 Tour recommendation in Newcastle/Gateshead
- 12 Visby, Sweden
- 13 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 14 France student visa Question + OFII
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 17 Single 30's looking for tour | Europe
- 18 Driving to Cesky Krumlov
- 19 My summer in Paris
- 20 Plitvice lakes to Zagreb
- 21 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 22 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 23 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 24 1 more city to visit in Spain
- 25 stockholm archipelago cruise ideas