So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 2 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 3 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 4 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 5 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Favorite things to do in London
- 8 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 9 Altdorf/Schattdorf restaurant
- 10 Tipping in the UK
- 11 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 12 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 13 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 14 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 15 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 16 7 countries in a month
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 18 hotels I recommend from my recent trip to Paris and Normandy
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Museum Pass
- 21 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 22 Portugal
- 23 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 24 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 25 Piran to Venice via ferry