So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 3 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 4 British English
- 5 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 6 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 9 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 10 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 11 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 12 River Cruise: MS Amadeus Elegant- Reserve with Caution
- 13 Passport Delays
- 14 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 15 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 16 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 17 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 18 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 19 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 20 first family trip to Switzerland
- 21 Normandy in October
- 22 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 23 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 24 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 25 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?