So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 3 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 6 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 7 Cruise the River Shannon
- 8 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 Food tours in Rome?
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 Rome Food Tour
- 13 trip to norway
- 14 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 15 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 16 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 19 Italy and Croatia
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 24 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 25 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens