So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 2 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 3 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 5 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 8 8 days in Vienna in December
- 9 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 10 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 11 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 12 Car rental leaving Rome
- 13 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 14 Christmas Market and Parking
- 15 Paris Under Seige...
- 16 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 17 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 18 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 19 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 20 Advices about our itiniary
- 21 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 24 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 25 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?