So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 2 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 3 Best day trips from Paris
- 4 Santorini transportation
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 7 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 8 Gift for French business associate
- 9 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 10 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 11 Scotland Votes "No"
- 12 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 16 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 17 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 18 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 19 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 22 White Christmas
- 23 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Gtg San Antonio