So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 2 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 3 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 4 Madrid: Flamenco
- 5 How much luggage?????
- 6 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 7 Madrid: City Views
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 10 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 11 German Rail Twin Pass
- 12 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 13 ITALO trains need help
- 14 London restaurants
- 15 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 16 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 17 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 18 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 19 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 20 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 21 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 22 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 23 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 24 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal