So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 2 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 3 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 6 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 11 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 12 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 17 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 18 London 2nd time around
- 19 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 20 Traveling in France by train
- 21 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 22 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 23 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 24 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 25 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?