So I will be studying abroad in a couple of weeks and will be spending six weeks in London and six weeks in Paris. I have been researching my cell phone options and have quite a few questions. First of all, I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon, which according to Verizon, is unlocked for Europe. I only want to get data (as you can call and text through data and thus kill two birds with one stone), but after taking a look at some of the sim card plans offered by Vodafone/Orange in the UK, I realized this is unavoidable as you have to get text messaging too with the available plans. This is perfectly fine. However, I will be doing side trips and visiting various countries (Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain, just to name a few...) on the weekends and I'm wondering if there is a sim card that allows you to get data in all of those countries (or in the EU in general).
I am also wondering if it'd be more cost efficient to maybe forgo this sim card idea and pay 25 bucks for each 100 mb of data through Verizon's global service, which isn't a lot, but I will just be using a texting app anyways that doesn't require a lot of data. If this trip was shorter and only a month, I'd definitely take this route as I can use this in any country I go to. But one thing is that I won't be able to save my monthly US bill as I can suspend my phone service in the US while I'm abroad so that it saves money if I use the sim card route.
Sorry if this was long, just trying to present my case haha...let me know what you think
Data on an iPhone 4s in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 6 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 7 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 8 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 9 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 10 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 11 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 12 Moving to Belfast
- 13 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 14 4-6 weeks
- 15 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 19 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 22 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 23 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 24 Eiffel tower tickets
- 25 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?