I am thinking to visit two or more towns in one full-day trip, can anyone give me more information on the transport mode between the towns (schedule and cost), average time needed to spend for each towns and the best sequence?
I wants to visit Vác for the Memento Mori Crypt Finds museum and sightseeing in the town, Visegrád castle and sightseeing in Szentendre and if time permits I want to visit Open Air Museum Skanzen.
The sequences I am considering:
1) Budapest-Nyugati (MAV train) > Vác > continue by MAV train to Visegrád-Nagymaros > take ferry crossing to Visegrád castle > take bus 880 to Szentendre > HEV suburban railway to Batthyány tér back to Budapest
2) Budapest-Nyugati (MAV train) > Vác > continue by MAV train to Štúrovo (Slovakia) > walk over to Esztergom > take bus 880 to Visegrád castle > take bus 880 to Szentendre > HEV suburban railway to Batthyány tér back to Budapest
I read on a website recommendation of buying MAV train from Budapest-Nyugati with stopover at Vác to Štúrovo (Slovakia) can hop off at Vác for no extra charge and continue with the same ticket to Štúrovo. Need confirmation on this. Can I do the same for MAV train ticket from Budapest-Nyugati with stopover at Vác to Visegrád-Nagymaros? Or I should buy TWO separate one-way ticket of Budapest-Nyugati to Vác and Vác Visegrád-Nagymaros?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Athens
- 14 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 18 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please