I am thinking to visit two or more towns in one full-day trip, can anyone give me more information on the transport mode between the towns (schedule and cost), average time needed to spend for each towns and the best sequence?
I wants to visit Vác for the Memento Mori Crypt Finds museum and sightseeing in the town, Visegrád castle and sightseeing in Szentendre and if time permits I want to visit Open Air Museum Skanzen.
The sequences I am considering:
1) Budapest-Nyugati (MAV train) > Vác > continue by MAV train to Visegrád-Nagymaros > take ferry crossing to Visegrád castle > take bus 880 to Szentendre > HEV suburban railway to Batthyány tér back to Budapest
2) Budapest-Nyugati (MAV train) > Vác > continue by MAV train to Štúrovo (Slovakia) > walk over to Esztergom > take bus 880 to Visegrád castle > take bus 880 to Szentendre > HEV suburban railway to Batthyány tér back to Budapest
I read on a website recommendation of buying MAV train from Budapest-Nyugati with stopover at Vác to Štúrovo (Slovakia) can hop off at Vác for no extra charge and continue with the same ticket to Štúrovo. Need confirmation on this. Can I do the same for MAV train ticket from Budapest-Nyugati with stopover at Vác to Visegrád-Nagymaros? Or I should buy TWO separate one-way ticket of Budapest-Nyugati to Vác and Vác Visegrád-Nagymaros?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 TSA Precheck
- 3 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Paris travel help
- 8 Day in Capri
- 9 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 10 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 11 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 14 Rome hotel
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 17 Help me make this possible!
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 One night in the Dolomites
- 22 Vatican tour
- 23 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 24 Places to stop/stay?
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria