I am thinking to visit two or more towns in one full-day trip, can anyone give me more information on the transport mode between the towns (schedule and cost), average time needed to spend for each towns and the best sequence?
I wants to visit Vác for the Memento Mori Crypt Finds museum and sightseeing in the town, Visegrád castle and sightseeing in Szentendre and if time permits I want to visit Open Air Museum Skanzen.
The sequences I am considering:
1) Budapest-Nyugati (MAV train) > Vác > continue by MAV train to Visegrád-Nagymaros > take ferry crossing to Visegrád castle > take bus 880 to Szentendre > HEV suburban railway to Batthyány tér back to Budapest
2) Budapest-Nyugati (MAV train) > Vác > continue by MAV train to Štúrovo (Slovakia) > walk over to Esztergom > take bus 880 to Visegrád castle > take bus 880 to Szentendre > HEV suburban railway to Batthyány tér back to Budapest
I read on a website recommendation of buying MAV train from Budapest-Nyugati with stopover at Vác to Štúrovo (Slovakia) can hop off at Vác for no extra charge and continue with the same ticket to Štúrovo. Need confirmation on this. Can I do the same for MAV train ticket from Budapest-Nyugati with stopover at Vác to Visegrád-Nagymaros? Or I should buy TWO separate one-way ticket of Budapest-Nyugati to Vác and Vác Visegrád-Nagymaros?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Is Sicily Safe?
- 3 Clean up spam
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 6 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 7 Help with basic itinerary
- 8 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 9 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 10 Which city order makes most sense?
- 11 Greece and Italy Combo
- 12 Munich Hotel Location
- 13 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 14 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 15 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 16 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 17 Valencia, Spain
- 18 Visit to Engand
- 19 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 20 Restaurants in Spain
- 21 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 22 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 23 Gardens & GTGs
- 24 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 25 Transportation Question Italy