Question: our accommodations are paid for as well as our plane tickets so how much should we budget for food, gelato, transportation, major sightseeing, and purchasing a few souvenirs daily in Rome? We are renting an apartment and are not food snobs. We don't want to fall into tourist trap type restaurants but we don't mind tasty street food. We want to give the most money to dinner naturally. We will be in Rome 7 days.
Should we prearranged tours to the Vatican? Our AAA agent is trying to sell us on a $80 per person small group tour. Is this a good value? Is an organized tour the best way to see the Vatican?
Should we do the same for the Coliseum? We're young and reasonably well traveled but this is our first trip to Europe and I'm (irrationally) anxious. Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Towersey, London
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Biarritz family holiday
- 10 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 11 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG