Question: our accommodations are paid for as well as our plane tickets so how much should we budget for food, gelato, transportation, major sightseeing, and purchasing a few souvenirs daily in Rome? We are renting an apartment and are not food snobs. We don't want to fall into tourist trap type restaurants but we don't mind tasty street food. We want to give the most money to dinner naturally. We will be in Rome 7 days.
Should we prearranged tours to the Vatican? Our AAA agent is trying to sell us on a $80 per person small group tour. Is this a good value? Is an organized tour the best way to see the Vatican?
Should we do the same for the Coliseum? We're young and reasonably well traveled but this is our first trip to Europe and I'm (irrationally) anxious. Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 2 Scotland Trip Report
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 8 Trip to Ireland in September
- 9 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 10 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 11 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 12 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 13 Cornwall UK
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 16 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Train tickets in Italy?
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 20 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 21 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 22 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 23 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 24 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 25 8 Hours in Rome