Question: our accommodations are paid for as well as our plane tickets so how much should we budget for food, gelato, transportation, major sightseeing, and purchasing a few souvenirs daily in Rome? We are renting an apartment and are not food snobs. We don't want to fall into tourist trap type restaurants but we don't mind tasty street food. We want to give the most money to dinner naturally. We will be in Rome 7 days.
Should we prearranged tours to the Vatican? Our AAA agent is trying to sell us on a $80 per person small group tour. Is this a good value? Is an organized tour the best way to see the Vatican?
Should we do the same for the Coliseum? We're young and reasonably well traveled but this is our first trip to Europe and I'm (irrationally) anxious. Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 2 retruning to US with souveniers
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 25 Hotels in Turin