Question: our accommodations are paid for as well as our plane tickets so how much should we budget for food, gelato, transportation, major sightseeing, and purchasing a few souvenirs daily in Rome? We are renting an apartment and are not food snobs. We don't want to fall into tourist trap type restaurants but we don't mind tasty street food. We want to give the most money to dinner naturally. We will be in Rome 7 days.
Should we prearranged tours to the Vatican? Our AAA agent is trying to sell us on a $80 per person small group tour. Is this a good value? Is an organized tour the best way to see the Vatican?
Should we do the same for the Coliseum? We're young and reasonably well traveled but this is our first trip to Europe and I'm (irrationally) anxious. Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!