Question: our accommodations are paid for as well as our plane tickets so how much should we budget for food, gelato, transportation, major sightseeing, and purchasing a few souvenirs daily in Rome? We are renting an apartment and are not food snobs. We don't want to fall into tourist trap type restaurants but we don't mind tasty street food. We want to give the most money to dinner naturally. We will be in Rome 7 days.
Should we prearranged tours to the Vatican? Our AAA agent is trying to sell us on a $80 per person small group tour. Is this a good value? Is an organized tour the best way to see the Vatican?
Should we do the same for the Coliseum? We're young and reasonably well traveled but this is our first trip to Europe and I'm (irrationally) anxious. Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Earthquake near Naples
- 4 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 5 3nights in Venice
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Football Tickets - Athens
- 12 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 Salzburg itinerary review
- 15 Positano or Sorrento?
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 18 Globus Iberian Tour
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Paris in November
- 21 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 22 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 23 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 24 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?