Question: our accommodations are paid for as well as our plane tickets so how much should we budget for food, gelato, transportation, major sightseeing, and purchasing a few souvenirs daily in Rome? We are renting an apartment and are not food snobs. We don't want to fall into tourist trap type restaurants but we don't mind tasty street food. We want to give the most money to dinner naturally. We will be in Rome 7 days.
Should we prearranged tours to the Vatican? Our AAA agent is trying to sell us on a $80 per person small group tour. Is this a good value? Is an organized tour the best way to see the Vatican?
Should we do the same for the Coliseum? We're young and reasonably well traveled but this is our first trip to Europe and I'm (irrationally) anxious. Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Real/Fake Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas,Citizenship
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 4 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 10 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 11 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 12 Passport proplems
- 13 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 14 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 15 Itinerary help...
- 16 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 19 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 20 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 21 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 22 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 23 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 24 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 25 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece