Need some suggestions on visiting the Dachstien Ice Caves. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) planning to spend a few days in Salzburg in end of May. We are planning a day trip from Salzburg to Hallstatt. As part of the day trip we also wanted to cover Dachstien and Five Finger lookout. I wanted suggestions on the following -
a) From Hallstatt, how much time does it take to make a round trip to cover Dachstien Ice Caves and a visit to the Five Finger lookout? So that we have enough time to take the boat in Hallstatt and return to Salzburg in evening.
b) When coming from Salzburg by train, will it make more sense to continue till Obertraun Train Station and take the Bus from there to Dachstien?
c) Will we encounter Snow at the Five Finger lookout and need to be prepared for the same?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 4 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Sim Card Options
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 38 Days in Paris
- 12 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Day trip ideas
- 16 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 17 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 18 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 19 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 20 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 21 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 22 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 23 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 24 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 25 Bringing wine home from Italy?