Need some suggestions on visiting the Dachstien Ice Caves. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) planning to spend a few days in Salzburg in end of May. We are planning a day trip from Salzburg to Hallstatt. As part of the day trip we also wanted to cover Dachstien and Five Finger lookout. I wanted suggestions on the following -
a) From Hallstatt, how much time does it take to make a round trip to cover Dachstien Ice Caves and a visit to the Five Finger lookout? So that we have enough time to take the boat in Hallstatt and return to Salzburg in evening.
b) When coming from Salzburg by train, will it make more sense to continue till Obertraun Train Station and take the Bus from there to Dachstien?
c) Will we encounter Snow at the Five Finger lookout and need to be prepared for the same?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 4 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 5 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 Old European currency
- 16 Denmark or Sweden?
- 17 Five night Ireland Trip
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 London Hotels
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 1 month in Europe
- 25 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)