Need some suggestions on visiting the Dachstien Ice Caves. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) planning to spend a few days in Salzburg in end of May. We are planning a day trip from Salzburg to Hallstatt. As part of the day trip we also wanted to cover Dachstien and Five Finger lookout. I wanted suggestions on the following -
a) From Hallstatt, how much time does it take to make a round trip to cover Dachstien Ice Caves and a visit to the Five Finger lookout? So that we have enough time to take the boat in Hallstatt and return to Salzburg in evening.
b) When coming from Salzburg by train, will it make more sense to continue till Obertraun Train Station and take the Bus from there to Dachstien?
c) Will we encounter Snow at the Five Finger lookout and need to be prepared for the same?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 6 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 7 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Use of Train Tickets
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 First Trip to Paris
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 Amsterdam and...?
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 22 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 23 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 24 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 25 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed