Need some suggestions on visiting the Dachstien Ice Caves. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) planning to spend a few days in Salzburg in end of May. We are planning a day trip from Salzburg to Hallstatt. As part of the day trip we also wanted to cover Dachstien and Five Finger lookout. I wanted suggestions on the following -
a) From Hallstatt, how much time does it take to make a round trip to cover Dachstien Ice Caves and a visit to the Five Finger lookout? So that we have enough time to take the boat in Hallstatt and return to Salzburg in evening.
b) When coming from Salzburg by train, will it make more sense to continue till Obertraun Train Station and take the Bus from there to Dachstien?
c) Will we encounter Snow at the Five Finger lookout and need to be prepared for the same?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 6 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 Borghese Gallery Question
- 10 Sim Card
- 11 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 12 Airline to Rome
- 13 Finland around Christmas time?
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each