I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Germany train help!
- 3 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 4 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 8 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 9 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 10 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 11 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 12 Swiss Travel Pass
- 13 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 14 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 15 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 16 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 19 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 20 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 21 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 25 Last minute (next week) London GTG?