I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Czech Republic Trip Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 2 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 3 Now for the Venice hotel
- 4 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 7 A Week in Spain
- 8 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 9 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 10 week in scotland
- 11 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 12 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 13 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 16 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 17 Rocamaxour
- 18 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 24 venice, italy
- 25 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days