I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Italy bus or train
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Canal du Midi
- 15 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 16 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 17 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 21 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?