I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 4 Dolomites October 14-18
- 5 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 6 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 7 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 8 Charles Degaulle question
- 9 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 10 Norway Itinerary
- 11 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 12 Pompeii luggage storage
- 13 Departure Tax in UK
- 14 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 15 FCO connection time
- 16 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 17 Train Help
- 18 First time in Italy
- 19 Train rides
- 20 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 21 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 One week in & near Marseille
- 24 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end