I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 2 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 5 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 6 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 9 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 10 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 11 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 12 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 17 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 18 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 19 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 20 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 23 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 24 Andalucia Spain
- 25 Germany-Car or Train