I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Czech Republic Trip Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Dublin Hostels
- 8 Avignon to London?
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 14 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 15 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 21 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Traveling to Munich
- 24 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 25 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation