I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Czech Republic Trip Help
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 6 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 7 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 First time traveler to Ireland
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 16 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 17 Prague - must see
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 21 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 22 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 23 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 24 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 25 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip