I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 2 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 3 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 4 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Taxi Heathrow
- 7 Wolverhampton - York - Durham - Edinburgh
- 8 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 9 Car rental return Nice
- 10 3/4/ days South of France
- 11 Rental car return in Nice
- 12 Antwerp Tram
- 13 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 16 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 17 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 18 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 19 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 20 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 21 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 22 French open 2017
- 23 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights