I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for travel
- 2 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 What to take to Germany
- 5 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 6 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 10 Holiday in Austria
- 11 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 14 4 week trip Turkey
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 20 What one thing in Paris?
- 21 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 24 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!