Wednesday April 28
This is a report on my three-week trip, mostly in the Czech Republic with a few days in Krakow and one day in Frankfurt to see the city from a different perspective than the airport.
Today I learned that the Frankfurt transportation system is great:
The train from the Frankfurt airport to the main Frankfurt station was simple. Follow the train signs down the escalators. The ticket machine was a bit of a mystery but I found someone to help. You put in the code for Frankfurt (50) and then push the button for the Hauptbahnhof (main station). The price was E3.80. The machine gives change if you put in coin.
First stop – Hotel National in Frankfurt
The hotel is a short walk from the train station. When exiting the station, keep to the right of the station, hugging the station wall, do not go to the street. At the side street, cross over and take the second street on the right. If you see the Hotel Excelsior, the National is right behind it on the next street. Price per night for a single is E62 and comes with a welcome drink in the bar which opens at 7:00. Breakfast is an additional E12 (I did not take breakfast). There is an electric kettle and coffee/tea provisions in the room and a mini bar. Good size room with twin beds. The twin beds were along one wall and had a low, wooden partition between them. The bathroom was long and narrow but plenty of room with a large shower. I did hear some slight noise during the night from people partying but I had the window open.
The hotel has a restaurant but it is not open every night. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and was directed to a good restaurant specializing in German food just a few blocks away. The restaurant is Baseler Eck at Baseler Platz 7. I ordered a small dark beer (excellent) and sauerbraten in a heavy, wine-rich sauce accompanied by 2 sticky dumplings and apple sauce. The beer was so good that I ordered another small one. So ends day 1.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 2 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 3 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 4 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 5 아시안카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 월드카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 7 타짜바카라＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Cash machines ATM
- 11 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 12 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 13 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 16 Charming areas to explore in London
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 YIKES!
- 20 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 21 travel around Spain
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Labor Day in Paris
Czech Republic, Krakow, and a day in Frankfurt: A Solo, Budget Trip Report
Wednesday April 28