Our family of 4 will be visiting these 2 countries for one month in July and I have no reservations yet...anywhere. Our boys are 7 & 9 and we would like to have an itinery that allows for some typical sightseeing but breaks it up with some days of fun, run and play time. Based on what I have read in these forums, I am thinking fly into Prague for 5 nights, train down to Cesky Krumlov for 1-2 nights, get to Salzburg (somehow) for 5 nights. Rent a car in Salzburg and visit surrounding villages. End of trip take train to Vienna for 5 nights and fly home. Obviously, we have about 12 more days to fill, but where? Should we spend more nights in each place? Branch out more? We prefer to be centrally located when staying in the the bigger cities. My boys are great but when they get tired, they are WAY too big for me to carry! Looking for favorite places to stay, "must do" excursions, and relaxation. We prefer local spots to fancy tourist places. Ideas? Suggestions? Cautions? Thanks!
Czech Republic & Austria for 1 month in July w/2 CRAZY boys!
- 1 I Need To Vent!
- 2 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 3 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 4 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 5 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 6 Train tickets
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 San Lorenzo Market
- 9 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 10 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 11 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 12 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 13 HELP stuck in Italy
- 14 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 15 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 16 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 17 Cuenca or Toledo
- 18 Wimpy's
- 19 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 20 semi escorted tours
- 21 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 22 France: CDG to Beaune
- 23 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 24 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 25 Holiday rental home in Wengen