Our family of 4 will be visiting these 2 countries for one month in July and I have no reservations yet...anywhere. Our boys are 7 & 9 and we would like to have an itinery that allows for some typical sightseeing but breaks it up with some days of fun, run and play time. Based on what I have read in these forums, I am thinking fly into Prague for 5 nights, train down to Cesky Krumlov for 1-2 nights, get to Salzburg (somehow) for 5 nights. Rent a car in Salzburg and visit surrounding villages. End of trip take train to Vienna for 5 nights and fly home. Obviously, we have about 12 more days to fill, but where? Should we spend more nights in each place? Branch out more? We prefer to be centrally located when staying in the the bigger cities. My boys are great but when they get tired, they are WAY too big for me to carry! Looking for favorite places to stay, "must do" excursions, and relaxation. We prefer local spots to fancy tourist places. Ideas? Suggestions? Cautions? Thanks!
Czech Republic & Austria for 1 month in July w/2 CRAZY boys!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by train or bus
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 10 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 Planning a holiday
- 17 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 18 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 19 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 20 Advises for trip to Russia
- 21 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 24 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 25 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.