Our family of 4 will be visiting these 2 countries for one month in July and I have no reservations yet...anywhere. Our boys are 7 & 9 and we would like to have an itinery that allows for some typical sightseeing but breaks it up with some days of fun, run and play time. Based on what I have read in these forums, I am thinking fly into Prague for 5 nights, train down to Cesky Krumlov for 1-2 nights, get to Salzburg (somehow) for 5 nights. Rent a car in Salzburg and visit surrounding villages. End of trip take train to Vienna for 5 nights and fly home. Obviously, we have about 12 more days to fill, but where? Should we spend more nights in each place? Branch out more? We prefer to be centrally located when staying in the the bigger cities. My boys are great but when they get tired, they are WAY too big for me to carry! Looking for favorite places to stay, "must do" excursions, and relaxation. We prefer local spots to fancy tourist places. Ideas? Suggestions? Cautions? Thanks!
Czech Republic & Austria for 1 month in July w/2 CRAZY boys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 2 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 3 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 Snowboarding in Poland
- 8 Travel with Teens
- 9 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 12 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 15 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 16 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 19 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 20 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 21 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 22 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 23 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 24 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 25 Reims for a day