Our family of 4 will be visiting these 2 countries for one month in July and I have no reservations yet...anywhere. Our boys are 7 & 9 and we would like to have an itinery that allows for some typical sightseeing but breaks it up with some days of fun, run and play time. Based on what I have read in these forums, I am thinking fly into Prague for 5 nights, train down to Cesky Krumlov for 1-2 nights, get to Salzburg (somehow) for 5 nights. Rent a car in Salzburg and visit surrounding villages. End of trip take train to Vienna for 5 nights and fly home. Obviously, we have about 12 more days to fill, but where? Should we spend more nights in each place? Branch out more? We prefer to be centrally located when staying in the the bigger cities. My boys are great but when they get tired, they are WAY too big for me to carry! Looking for favorite places to stay, "must do" excursions, and relaxation. We prefer local spots to fancy tourist places. Ideas? Suggestions? Cautions? Thanks!
Czech Republic & Austria for 1 month in July w/2 CRAZY boys!
- 1 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 2 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 3 Where are the best markets in Rome?
- 4 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 5 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 6 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 7 day trips from Stuttgart
- 8 London Evening Activity
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 11 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 12 RHK's heading to Europe
- 13 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 14 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 15 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 16 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 17 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 18 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 19 rand versus euro
- 20 Germany and Italy
- 21 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 22 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 23 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 24 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 25 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?