Our family of 4 will be visiting these 2 countries for one month in July and I have no reservations yet...anywhere. Our boys are 7 & 9 and we would like to have an itinery that allows for some typical sightseeing but breaks it up with some days of fun, run and play time. Based on what I have read in these forums, I am thinking fly into Prague for 5 nights, train down to Cesky Krumlov for 1-2 nights, get to Salzburg (somehow) for 5 nights. Rent a car in Salzburg and visit surrounding villages. End of trip take train to Vienna for 5 nights and fly home. Obviously, we have about 12 more days to fill, but where? Should we spend more nights in each place? Branch out more? We prefer to be centrally located when staying in the the bigger cities. My boys are great but when they get tired, they are WAY too big for me to carry! Looking for favorite places to stay, "must do" excursions, and relaxation. We prefer local spots to fancy tourist places. Ideas? Suggestions? Cautions? Thanks!
Czech Republic & Austria for 1 month in July w/2 CRAZY boys!
- 1 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 2 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 3 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 4 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 5 Backpacking through Europe
- 6 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 7 Rhine River Intinerary
- 8 Ireland----the isle of pleasant surprises!
- 9 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 10 Ah Paris
- 11 Estonia
- 12 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 13 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 14 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 15 Visa to TURKEY
- 16 I Need To Vent!
- 17 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 18 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 19 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 20 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 21 Tennyson Home
- 22 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)
- 23 Which tour company would be best?
- 24 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy