We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shall we Gdansk?
- 2 Car rental greece mainland
- 3 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?
- 4 Rental car company recommendation request
- 5 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 7 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 8 Night Bus?
- 9 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 10 3 days outside Venice
- 11 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 12 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 13 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 19 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 22 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 23 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...