We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Cyprus in December
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 3 Granada
- 4 Azores
- 5 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 A Sardinia trip report
- 12 4 weeks in the UK
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 15 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 16 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 17 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 18 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 19 First time to Switzerland
- 20 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 23 Eastern Europe
- 24 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 25 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??