We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria
- 2 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 5 First time in Italy
- 6 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 7 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 8 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 11 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 12 Pompeii luggage storage
- 13 Train Help
- 14 Train rides
- 15 12 days in Austria
- 16 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 17 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 18 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 19 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 20 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 21 Salento penninsula
- 22 What about Basque Country?
- 23 Bursa/Iznik
- 24 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 25 Bologna or Bergamo?