We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tipping
- 2 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 3 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 4 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 5 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 6 4 Country Itinerary
- 7 Looking for Private Driver in Bologna
- 8 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 9 Rome at Christmas
- 10 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 11 Advice about Naples?
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 London Paris
- 14 Santorini and Positano.
- 15 Romania: Visa and Schengen
- 16 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 17 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 18 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 19 Scotland Itinerary
- 20 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 21 Provins on a weekday?
- 22 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 23 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 24 Sorrento or Positano
- 25 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?