We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 2 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 3 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 4 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 5 Girona and Besalau
- 6 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 7 London Itinerary and Questions
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 10 Ravello to Paestum
- 11 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 12 MiFi in Italy
- 13 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 14 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 15 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 16 Barcelona completely overrated
- 17 French lavender and cottages
- 18 What Greek islands should I visit
- 19 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 20 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 21 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 22 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 23 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?