We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 2 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 6 Sicily help
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 Christmas markets
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 PARIS
- 11 Germany or Sweden
- 12 November in Rome
- 13 Alitala
- 14 Whathello Paris
- 15 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 16 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 17 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 18 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 19 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Transport for local Venice travel
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21