We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Cyprus in December
- 1 Italy - Economy Car Rental
- 2 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 3 Granada on Sunday
- 4 Help - direct travel from Venice/Turin/Milan/Rome to Aix-en-Provence?
- 5 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 6 10 Day Trip to Turkey
- 7 Need help w/last minute change in plans--Chamonix or Zermatt June 13th
- 8 Taxi to CDG
- 9 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 10 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 11 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 12 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 13 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 14 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 15 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 16 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 17 May 25, 2013: Being tourists and finding festivals
- 18 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 19 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 20 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 21 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 22 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 23 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 24 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 25 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP