We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 4 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 5 Croatia transportation question.
- 6 Places of interest
- 7 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 8 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 9 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 12 Oxford England Accommodations
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 vienna
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 19 Ireland hotel questions
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 Croatia Ferry Help
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?