Just back from a business trip that based me in Cyprus (Larnaca), and found time to take a 3 day cruise to Egypt and Israel on Louis Cruise Lines. It was great for what I wanted--a quick, efficient way to see the major sites in Jerusalem, Bethleham and Cairo. For around $300 for an average room on board for three nights, plus meals and site tickets. The cruise leaves Limassol, Cyprus on Sun (and Wed) night, cruises to Haifa overnight and then a 3 hour coach ride to Jerusalem and Bethleham for the day. Overnight to Port Said, Egypt, and then the same routine to the Pyramids, Sphinx and the Cairo Museum. Not too many Americans on board (mostly British and eastern European), but the tour is planned very efficient, and the accomodations and meals were fine. Louis has a web site www.louiscruises.com
Cyprus cruises to Israel/Egypt
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 6 Fashion for larger man?
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 London 2nd time around
- 9 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 10 Traveling in France by train
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 14 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 15 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 16 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 19 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 20 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 21 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 22 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 23 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 24 Sicily - not a trip report
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?