Just back from a business trip that based me in Cyprus (Larnaca), and found time to take a 3 day cruise to Egypt and Israel on Louis Cruise Lines. It was great for what I wanted--a quick, efficient way to see the major sites in Jerusalem, Bethleham and Cairo. For around $300 for an average room on board for three nights, plus meals and site tickets. The cruise leaves Limassol, Cyprus on Sun (and Wed) night, cruises to Haifa overnight and then a 3 hour coach ride to Jerusalem and Bethleham for the day. Overnight to Port Said, Egypt, and then the same routine to the Pyramids, Sphinx and the Cairo Museum. Not too many Americans on board (mostly British and eastern European), but the tour is planned very efficient, and the accomodations and meals were fine. Louis has a web site www.louiscruises.com
Cyprus cruises to Israel/Egypt
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 3 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 4 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 5 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 6 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 7 England in 7 days
- 8 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 9 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 10 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 11 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 12 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 13 To Prague or not to Prague
- 14 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 15 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 16 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 17 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Ireland's west coast
- 20 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 21 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 22 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 23 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?