First of all this is an amazing community and a must Stop for someone like me who is travelling to Greece for the first time. I have already had most of my questions answered just be reading around in this forum so keep up the good work folks
I am trying to create an Itinerary to go around the Cyclades group of Islands. Since this is my first visit, Santorini is already on the list. However, since there aren't any great beaches and it seems quite touristy I am not sure if I would like to stay more then one day. Maybe two is enough?
From what I have read I seem to like Sifnos as another stop. Much calmer, less expensive, good beaches. I won't mind spending two days here.
Folegandros seems like another picturesque place to stop over.
Are there any other must visit islands or hidden gems or rare beaches around? I am also a little bound by timings on ferries since I am flying from Athens to Santorini and then trying to get back to Athens via ferry. So Only islands in same route which are not out of way would fit in. I have 6 days in hand and dont mind taking a 3-4 hr ferry to a new island every day if its worth it.
Your suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 2 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 3 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 9 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 16 Bruges
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 21 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 A week in the Occitanie
- 25 Question about Loire Valley châteaux