My friend and I are wanting to do a couple of days cycling in rural France "on our way" from Paris to Spain, 24/25/26 June 2013.
We are not experienced cyclists, more along the lines of cruising through pretty scenery, stopping at vineyards etc for 2 or 3 days.
We don't have a vehicle or bikes so would have to take trains, planes etc.
From the research I have been doing, Provence sounds amazing. Could anyone help with the best way for us to proceed, good places to rent bikes, nice place to stay and whether we should base and cycle out for 2 day trips or move and arrange for our packs to be sent on for us.
I would also really appreciate advice on the best and least expensive way to move on to Spain?
Thanks, looking forward to your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies