I'm looking for the safest and best way to go to Caen to see the memorial museum there. We have done Normandy tours 3 times previously but never got to Caen. I hear busses are not reliable, the train does not offer ant reasonable times. I did find a website that offers a "Caen On Your Own" tour providing the transportation and leaving us there for 4 hours. It's called Affordable Cruise Excursions, LLC or ACE, and their website is aceportofcall dot com. The guide is Francois Gauthron. This idea would work for us (2 people) if not too expensive. We don't want to rent a car.
Cruise stop in Le Havre; want to go to Caen for the day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 2 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 3 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 4 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 7 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 8 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 9 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 12 Favorite hotels
- 13 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 14 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 15 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 16 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 19 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 20 Message for Ackislander
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?