I'm looking for the safest and best way to go to Caen to see the memorial museum there. We have done Normandy tours 3 times previously but never got to Caen. I hear busses are not reliable, the train does not offer ant reasonable times. I did find a website that offers a "Caen On Your Own" tour providing the transportation and leaving us there for 4 hours. It's called Affordable Cruise Excursions, LLC or ACE, and their website is aceportofcall dot com. The guide is Francois Gauthron. This idea would work for us (2 people) if not too expensive. We don't want to rent a car.
Cruise stop in Le Havre; want to go to Caen for the day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 2 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 3 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 4 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 5 Sicily - not a trip report
- 6 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 10 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 11 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 12 Fashion for larger man?
- 13 car rental advice in Portugal
- 14 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 15 Fjords, How To?
- 16 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 17 Duoro river cruises
- 18 What to wear
- 19 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 20 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 21 Budget for 3 Month's
- 22 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 25 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris