Wondering if we can visit a little croatia and a little slovenia for about 8/9 days end of june/early july. we have to fly overnight through london and back, so that eats up 2 nights, leaving us 9 nights to work with once over there. Debating whether to fly into slovenia, drive around and down to croatia, or fly into croatia, and leave out of slovenia? Is the drive from the southern islands such as Hvar, etc. far from ljubljana? would that eat up too much of our time trying to drive up there to catch a flight back to london?
Also, how much booking in advance would we need to do given it is height of the summer season? Finally, should we skip slovenia and just do croatia or vice versa? Seems slovenia could take about 4-5 days, so wasn't wanting to spend the entire time there necessarily...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 French lavender and cottages
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 5 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 6 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 7 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 8 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 9 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 10 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 11 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 12 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 13 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 14 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 15 3 days to spend in europe
- 16 Local markets in Italy
- 17 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 18 cell phone companys
- 19 Affordable French language course in France?
- 20 Abruzzo region
- 21 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 22 Major quake in central Itay
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 25 Earthquake, so sad for Italy