Hubby & I ‘ve booked flight into Zagreb (end of September) and out of Dubrovnik (mid-October). Seek tips to optimize our budget holiday: thinking a full day in Plitvice Lakes Park, before heading to the coast to exploring Zadar, Sibenik, Trogir, Split before finishing in Dubrovnik. Tempted to visit Kotor and/or Budva.
FWIW, love the arts, architecture, museums, nature, local markets/picnics, blending in; would love to try kayaking in calm waters; dislike crowds, shopping, pools, sunbathing, clubbing, and commuting.
Tentative Itinerary, with overnights in Zagreb (2-3), Plitivice (2), Zadar (2), Trogir (1?), Split (3 or 4) Dubrovnik (5)
Tues day1: Zagreb afternoon arrival. Museum of Naïf Art. (Overnight in Zagreb hostel 2 or 3 nights)
Wed day2: Zagreb Historic Centre, opera/ballet in evening
Thur day3: Another day in Zagreb? is cemetery worth the visit?
Fri day4: Depart for Plitvice Lakes, possibly 2 hrs with rental car. (Plitvice, check-in)
Saturday5: Plitvice Lakes & National Park: am hike; pm swim
Sun day6: Depart for Zadar early (1.5 hr drive?) museum visits, check-in & sunset.
Monday7: Visit medieval Sibenik & Cathedral, raptor center (how long in car?)
Tuesday 8: Leave Zadar for Primoshen via ferry? beach then on to Split? or Trogir?.
halfway point -- 8 days left
Wed day 9: Trogir. (drop car, Split check-in 3 nights)
Thursday10: Explore Split: Diocletan Place, Rector’s Palace Split. beach/island.
Fri day11: Split Ferry to Brac (Zlatni Rat)
Saturday12: (Nat’l Holiday) ferry to Dubrovnik? (Dubrovnik check-in, 5 nights in same place)
Sun day13: Explore Dubrovnik: walk ramparts, museums.
Mon day14: Day out of Dubrovnik:Mostor / Budva, visit Bond’s casino?
Tues day15: Dubrovnik visiting Presqu’il de peljesac or Ston salt museum?
Wed day16: Last day. (Dubrovnik, fly home tomorrow morning)
1- What to modify, add / delete?
2- Transportation is concern, when to take ferry or bus. For which portion(s) of our trip, if any, is auto rental recommended? If, then where/when to pickup/dropoff the vehicule?
3- Where when best to visit Trogir? and using which mode of transport?
4- Where to stay overnight inexpensively so we aren’t always moving around/checking-in. ie Dubrovnik, Lupad, Sipan, Slano or Cavat. Think will lenjoy the novelty of ferry rides.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Shorts in South of France?
- 3 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 4 Camogli and surrounds
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty