We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 4 Planning Advice!
- 5 BNL ATMs
- 6 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 7 BNL machines in Italy
- 8 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 9 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 10 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 11 Portland, Maine GTG
- 12 Help with itinerary
- 13 Northern Italy with Kids?
- 14 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 15 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 16 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 17 England and Wales by public transport
- 18 Berlin restaurant recs
- 19 italy itinerary
- 20 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 21 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 22 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 23 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 24 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 25 20 free days of Europe
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?