We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 First time to Switzerland
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Eastern Europe
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 4 weeks in the UK
- 13 Granada
- 14 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 16 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 London to Paris by train
- 20 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 21 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Looking for clean & reputable hotels in Venice, Florence and Rome!
- 24 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 25 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews