We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 3 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 4 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 5 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 6 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 7 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 8 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 9 AVE train tickets questions.
- 10 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 11 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 12 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 16 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 17 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 18 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 19 How big backpack do I need?
- 20 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 21 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 22 Path of the Gods Question
- 23 Loire Valley 12 days
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?