We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 3 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 4 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 5 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 6 Dolomites October 14-18
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 http://www.healthcare24by7.org/gavali-advance-review/
- 9 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 10 Seville Itinerary
- 11 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 12 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 13 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 14 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 15 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 16 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 17 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 18 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 19 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 20 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 21 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 22 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 23 Italy by car
- 24 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 25 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?