We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 2 Douro Valley in January?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 7 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 15 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 Spanish Medical Providers
- 21 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 25 Road trip with our dog
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?