We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Back from Paris
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 13 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 14 International Flight Question
- 15 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 16 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 17 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Luggage Storage
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?