We are looking at booking flights to Croatia - either Zadar or Dubrovnic from the UK.
We have never been to Croatia before & I realise it is a vast country & given that we want to chilled out quality time with the children accept that we cannot do too much.
I am totally unsure which region would suit us best - North or South.
We like the idea of staying near to where we have flown in for a few days e.g. Cavtat or Zadar & then a bit of island hopping/exploring.
I prefer pebbly beaches but the children would like to build a sand castle or two.
I would also like to visit Plitvik Lakes but only if we were North as the drive u& back to Dubrovnic would be too much.
Has anyone any advice please.
Croatia - with young children: 18 month old & 5 year old. North or South?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 train to Vernon France
- 6 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 9 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 21 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Hotel in Venice