Need some help with my itinerary. I understand that the Balkans are well known for summer, but we are only available to travel in Winter. I'll be traveling with my parents, both 50+, so we're more into just discovering the culture and sights, not so much partying or beach hopping. We'll most likely be taking public transport but are considering renting a car if it's possible to drive across these states - is cross-border allowed with rental companies in EU?
20/12 Fly into Ljubljana (AM)
21/12 Lake Bled (overnight in Ljubljana)
22/12 Ljubljana --> Zagreb (PM)
23/12 Plitvice Lakes (overnight in Zagreb)
25/12 Zagreb --> Split (AM)
27/12 Split --> Dubrovnik (AM)
29/12 Kotor (overnight in Dubrovnik)
30/12 Dubrovnik --> Mostar (AM) --> Sarajevo (PM)
1/1 Sarajevo --> Belgrade (PM)
4/1 Fly home from Belgrade (AM)
But, I'd like to know which of these cities I could give a miss due to winter? I'd like to shorten the trip to 14 days if possible, so if there are any cities I should exclude or spend less time in (again, mainly due to winter), please let me know!
Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL CARe 18448276486
- 2 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 7 Maximizing Norway time
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 Hotels in Turin
- 11 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 12 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 13 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 14 3 days solo in London
- 15 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 16 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 17 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 18 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 19 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Studying art in English in venice
- 25 Berlin to ?