Need some help with my itinerary. I understand that the Balkans are well known for summer, but we are only available to travel in Winter. I'll be traveling with my parents, both 50+, so we're more into just discovering the culture and sights, not so much partying or beach hopping. We'll most likely be taking public transport but are considering renting a car if it's possible to drive across these states - is cross-border allowed with rental companies in EU?
20/12 Fly into Ljubljana (AM)
21/12 Lake Bled (overnight in Ljubljana)
22/12 Ljubljana --> Zagreb (PM)
23/12 Plitvice Lakes (overnight in Zagreb)
25/12 Zagreb --> Split (AM)
27/12 Split --> Dubrovnik (AM)
29/12 Kotor (overnight in Dubrovnik)
30/12 Dubrovnik --> Mostar (AM) --> Sarajevo (PM)
1/1 Sarajevo --> Belgrade (PM)
4/1 Fly home from Belgrade (AM)
But, I'd like to know which of these cities I could give a miss due to winter? I'd like to shorten the trip to 14 days if possible, so if there are any cities I should exclude or spend less time in (again, mainly due to winter), please let me know!
Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 11 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 12 Cell Phone Question
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing