I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 2 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 3 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 4 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 5 First trip - destination advice!
- 6 How big backpack do I need?
- 7 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 8 Munich Under Attack...
- 9 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 10 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 11 Spain in November
- 12 Stonehenge and Bath
- 13 Path of the Gods Question
- 14 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 15 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 16 Should I speculate?
- 17 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Prague on a budget...
- 20 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 21 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 22 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 23 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?