I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 12 Paris to Italy
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Electrical Power Conversion
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Douro Valley in January?
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 19 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 21 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 22 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area