I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 2 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 3 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 4 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 5 Italy trains question
- 6 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 7 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 10 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 11 Iceland in July
- 12 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 13 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 14 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 15 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 16 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 17 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 18 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 19 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 20 Le Marche, Italy
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 23 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 24 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 25 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam