I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 2 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 3 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 4 Paris to Bordeaux TGV
- 5 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 6 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 7 Amsterday > Bruges
- 8 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 9 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 10 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 11 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 12 Great restaurants in Italy
- 13 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 14 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 15 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 16 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 17 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 18 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 19 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 20 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 21 CDG questions
- 22 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 23 Amalfi coast in May
- 24 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 25 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago