I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 2 Touring Wales
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 5 First Time Europe Trip
- 6 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 7 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 8 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 9 St Andrews advice
- 10 3 nights in Tuscany
- 11 Cordoba or Granada?
- 12 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 13 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 14 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 15 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 16 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 17 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 18 train from ams to paris
- 19 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 20 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 21 Poland in September
- 22 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 25 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg