I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 2 Self-driving in Iceland
- 3 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 4 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 5 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 6 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 7 Budapest questions round 1
- 8 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 9 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 10 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 11 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 12 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 13 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 14 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 15 If Greece exits
- 16 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 17 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 18 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 19 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 20 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 21 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 22 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 23 Riviera roadtrip
- 24 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 25 Stratford-upon-avon in England