Hello fellow wanderlusts!
I am taking my first trip out of the US, and abroad; first trip is Croatia.
I booked a condo in split on the water as home base. I waited until end of September to book my trip in hopes of avoiding huge crowds. I have 10 days, 9 nights. I'm a very young 50, and I'm meeting a friend who is 25. We are not into the crazy bar scene. We really want to enjoy great scenery, food, bicycling, hiking, exploring, etc.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to explore. I'll be renting a car at some point, but want to get my bearings first and get an itinerary in order. I absolutely LOVE the outdoors and being very active. I'm a total foodie (I was a chef for many years), wine lover, artisan cocktails, etc. I'm looking for some great suggestions for food (every meal), spirited elixirs, and off the beaten path adventures & stays for the day-trips. Also, I am thinking the weather will be cooler. Will it be too cool for swimming? I'm hoping you can guide me.
Here are the locations (the stars are must-do's):
*****SPLIT (Homebase for the entire stay)
*****PLITVICE (I think I need to stay overnight?)
ISTRIA (It keeps popping up in forums, but not sure about this)
*****HVAR (worth staying overnight?)
*****DUBROVNIK (1 overnight)
KORKULA (worth the time?)
Thanks a MILLION! I am beyond thrilled for my first excursion outside of the US.
I am really looking forward to your suggestions! Dana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Train travel
- 6 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 7 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 8 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 9 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 10 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 15 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 18 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 19 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 22 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 25 Appenzell in December?
Hello fellow wanderlusts!